Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Oldgoat_MN

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Oldgoat_MN

  1. I don't have a problem with Chuck. He was a very good player for the Twins. When he left we got a lot for him. Then he became a Yankee, so as far as I'm concerned he is dead.
  2. Wow, looking to get flamed? I have no problem with it. I believe that both will be up fairly soon. I suspect you about to hear from some who disagree. Peace to you, huhguy.
  3. celebratory Nickleback? Oddly enough, I enjoyed the rest of this, this, whatever you call it.
  4. Interesting article Brad. Good for you. Personally, I wouldn't cheer for the Yankees if they were playing Al Qaeda.
  5. Surprisingly, there are 9 teams with a lower winning % than the Twins. I doubt we'll get him on waivers. I was skeptical when I started reading this article, but his AAA numbers are quite impressive. Who would you send down?
  6. Great article. Thank you TFFA. It's great to have you there. Good for us! He's not striking out at a higher rate than he did at High-A. This is really good news. Surprising, even. What I find most surprising is how few of his pitches are near the knees. Pitchers are coached to keep the ball down as children. Very odd.
  7. dakotanative said it well. Congratulations. And from one who enjoys this website almost every day, thank you.
  8. Where did all the comments go? This was a fun thread and I wanted to follow up & see what others had said. No one knows. Damn NSA.
  9. Great attitude! If you have real passion then you sometimes get frustrated with your team. That was a fun game, especially for Arcia & Thomas. Go Twins!
  10. One thing I really like about this idea, Supfin99, is that you are not talking about pitchers. Seems such a low percentage of those long term pitcher signings turn out well. Long term contracts for position players can be risky, no doubt. However... Morneau at $80 million for 2008-2013 was an excellent signing until the concussion. Likely many GMs were jealous when they read that. Mauer's 4 year, $33 million contract was an excellent sign by the Twins. If I am following your post correctly, you would have encouraged that early Mauer signing to be a 10 year contract (through 2016) rather than a 4 year offer. That could certainly have saved some real money.
  11. Shane - the first post was so good and then you had to make it all a lie by posting again. You were so close... Agree with Shane. I appreciate the frustration, huhguy, but Arcia is dealing with the best pitchers on the planet right now for the first time in his life. He will be fine. In fact, I think he will be excellent.
  12. I like the aggressiveness of this thread, but I believe that it is too soon. He has star potential, no question. There is still too much that can go wrong. Attitude is part of it. If I was really inclined to ink someone to a deal like this it would be the more humble Buxton. I don't want this to occur as racist (nationalist?), but here are my thoughts: Buxton seems like the All-American kid. His humility along with his work ethic and overall attitude make a more attractive package to me. Sano cannot be as good as he is by accident. I'm sure he works hard. Still, I really think Buxton is the safer bet.
  13. I just thought you were funny. And strange. This was nice. Now I think you're funny and real. And strange.
  14. This was enlightening. Your Clete Thomas hate is directly tied to your infatuation with Hicks! This was useful to see, as I was wondering why you had suddenly (?) become so odd. Clete Thomas is not going to ruin this season for the Twins. Hicks does not need to play 162 games this year. That probably isn't best for him. Always a pleasure. Fun to see your answers to these questions you pretend people asked you.
  15. This whole series was fun. I tried to ignore it but accidentally clicked on one the other day. So I then read them all. Thank you Brad!
  16. Sadly, they just aren't very bright. If he'd stop hitting those home runs he would have more opportunities to steal bases. Who the hell is coaching that team? Do I have to do everything?
  17. I am pleasantly surprised at Plouffe's Line Drive rate and his contact %. For that matter, Parmelee has a pretty good LD rate. Not sure exactly what to make of it, but I find it encouraging regarding both of them.
  18. Deduno is fun to watch, if for no other reason that you have no idea where the pitch is going to go. And neither does Sam. The Tigers or the Rangers might not want to trot a Sam Deduno out to the mound, but I rather like watching him pitch.
  19. I am starting to feel like we have seen enough of Parmelee, but a sub .600 OPS will make a fan cranky. Still pulling for the kid but he is running out of time. I have great faith in Arcia and think he will be a big part of the Twins future. There was a really fine article here by Parker on how the MLB pitchers were forcing him to change how he swings the bat. Great! Now they know what he has to work on. Get it done in AAA and get him back here.
  20. I like the logic of it. Of course, blowing the #4 draft pick on a guy who has an injury that he cannot shake would be crushing, but I trust that they can get that figured out. Thanks thry.
  21. If you cannot hate the Yankees then some part of you has died. God help you.
  22. Read the Sam Miller article. Thanks
  23. Oldgoat_MN

    Anagram update

    Fun stuff. Thank you ashburyjohn.
  24. Other teams are going to catch on and stop it. They simply have to avoid two strike counts when Mauer bats. Baseball is so easy.
  25. Silly articles like this are part of what makes baseball so much fun. Thank you
×
×
  • Create New...