Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LaBombo

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    9,171
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    49

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LaBombo

  1. That's what the Yankees thought too, and then he made the Statue of Liberty disappear... http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n510/nonhocapito/Snap1-3.jpg
  2. Salt lick out by the batter's eye. He's scouting locations for his stand in the fall. http://www.alafarmnews.com/afcfarmnews/images/stories/0810/0810_minerals_deer.jpg
  3. I'm still watching to see where they're going, but I'm starting to suspect it's a loop. Either that or they live in a city with a @#%load of banks.
  4. That's awesome! I can't believe I missed that! Has there been Marsha vs. Laurie mud wrestling yet? Please say yes.
  5. That's the one; it followed their exploits raising a family while touring in a multi-colored covered wagon and playing folk rock in the casinos of the true native population of Minnesota. http://a1.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fit,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,q_80,w_620/MTMzMjYwMDg4NTM3MzAzMDUw.jpg Also, and I admit to being a bit hazy on this, I believe the two youngest children were possessed.
  6. That would be awfully nice, but seeing as how they have so little faith in their other options, the narrative may need some help if it's not going to go quietly... http://static1.squarespace.com/static/569d497842f55250d9228138/56f07f163c44d828f6916b1c/56f07f1b59827e39fce5227b/1458601761266/fbi-swat-photo.jpg
  7. I like it. Or they could play strip baseball. Every error, missed cutoff man, failed bunt, and 3-0 Broadway fastball results in the loss of a uniform part. Any bets which Twin ends up Full Monty first? http://i3.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article7781342.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/FULL.jpg
  8. But Engle had the feel-good story of raising his family of 18 in a shed made of lawn clippings and driftwood, right here on the plains of Minnesota... http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2316408/images/o-LITTLE-HOUSE-ON-THE-PRAIRIE-CAST-facebook.jpg
  9. It would make for an even more indelible career data point for Terry Ryan than the name 'Ron Coomer' when Grossman comes up in the occasional trivia question down the road.
  10. There's been a sharp, coincidental decline in his interest in advanced metrics since then too, I've noticed. A more cynical person might think that interest was only based on what metrics could do to build his case for the Hall. Luckily cynicism is biologically incompatible with Twins fandom.
  11. Fret not, troubled fan. His redemption is just a one out sac bunt away...
  12. Oh, MFG! Easy as 1, 2, 3! http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/26/article-2299192-18ECD146000005DC-371_634x419.jpg
  13. I thought that too for a second, and then I just poked myself in the eye, because that's just as useful as wishing this organization would wise up, and half as painful.
  14. He still does, even after Umpire Ackbar made his ruling... Anybody who'd lay out for a fly ball during another drubbing in the middle of this season-long sewage plant system failure deserves a free meal at the very least.
  15. Yeah. Didn't look right even at full speed on TV. Dick is disadvantaged by either his vantage point from one of the best seats in the house, or as one of the hardest-working professional optimists in baseball.
  16. Yup, either that or his mom was big enough to get it on with the Jolly Green Giant.
  17. And it's basically a coin flip between a ball and a strike for the umpire when the batter takes a pitch, because there's no way he's seeing around Laudner's enormous 5 gallon bucket head.
  18. If a flock of crows can be a 'murder', maybe we could make the collective noun for the platypus an 'aggravated assault'. I mean, come on, if there's a bunch of the little weirdos ganging up then it's got to mean they're up to no good.
  19. Have fun, and we all hope your grey market Russian Twins feed doesn't let you down next time.
  20. Saving your best work for after my Like quota is burned up, I see...
  21. So it's kind of like batting .250, but ... different.
  22. If it's any consolation, the .gif is from Uncle Buck, and I feel certain your late fellow Chicagoan John Hughes wouldn't want you to feel bad either.
  23. http://brownstrophies.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/VM276_366x400.png
  24. Good. That ought to brighten his spirits.
  25. http://imoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/404-Uncle-Buck-quotes.gif
×
×
  • Create New...