Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Twins 72

Verified Member
  • Posts

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Twins 72

  1. The big question is when will Houston be ready. If it is 2028, Clemens plays 2B next year. Then you have Houston and Culpepper in the 2B and SS positions. That is pretty strong. It would be awesome to just start that next year. Then you can get both to the spot that they will play going forward. Lee is solid. OF will be solid with Buck, Jenkins, ERod, and yes Keashall. Lewis at 1B? I think he would be a very good full-time defensive 1B next year. He just needs to hit at a higher rate. I think they give him one more year and just play him at 1B. I would love to have Jeffers back on the QO. Then flow into the young guys at C. Overall, this group should be much more settled and solid defensively.
  2. I would feel soooo much better and have a much clearer picture if they could find a defensive spot for Luke K. Find it and let him develop. I don't know where that is, but he is a hitter we need in the lineup.
  3. I have always believed next year was the year to really contend. Everything from this year should have been to make next year's team a playoff team. To do that you need a blend of experience with the young core. We are far enough in with Lopez and Ryan that you should just keep them and put together the best starting rotation they can. Lopez, Ryan, Bradley, Abel, Preliepp would be pretty good. Pair that with a pen that is much better now and will be competent at the start of the year will be huge. Hopefully with Jenkins and Culpepper in the lineup all year, they will be a good hitting team. Lewis is the guy that is interesting. Will they keep him and hope that a full year at first base will help him or will they move on from him. Clemens, Lee, Keashall, Buck, Culpepper, Jenkins should all be back. Catcher is the question mark. Next year should be interesting.
  4. I have no problem having Buck as a veteran guy that elevates the clubhouse and is still productive when he is healthy but he can't be the guy that is relied on to be the main man in the lineup. Next year, someone needs to be the "All Star". If Buck has another first half like this year, it has to be icing on the cake. I would love to see him have a great 2 years to finish his contract. Any extension needs to come after his contract expires. Then you have a true picture of whether that is something the organization should do. I would not extend before that. Too risky for an older player that already can't stay healthy.
  5. With all the catching depth they have acquired the past year or so, they should be good to go with home-grown players in 2028. They need a bridge year in 2027 that doesn't kill them. They have Caratini and Jackson, but I would 100% give Jeffers that qualifying offer. They should not be scared of that. He probably won't sign it so they get the comp draft pick. It he for some odd reason did sign it, it would fit in perfect. They would be paying him a lot of money for a year, but they can suck it up. To me that would be best case scenario. You have Jeffers for one more year, you don't have to commit long term, you don't have the whole at the catcher spot and then the young ones will be ready the following year.
  6. The more we can get a look at these guys the better. There are some really good building blocks. Actually having a chance at the playoffs is almost gone. Bell and Larnach have had good years but will probably not be here next year. It does no good to keep rolling them out on a consistent basis. Let's see what ERod has instead of Larnach. Let's see what Saboto has instead of Bell. Could a DH platoon of Saboto and Wallner work next year? Maybe not but at least investigating it this year would be interesting. Keaschall, Culpepper, Jenkins, Buxton, Lee, Lewis, Clemens should be regulars. Need to figure out Catcher and DH. There is no reason they can't resign Jeffers if they/he wants to. I think his value is overblown. The Twins can compete if they want. Lopez, Ryan, Bradley, Abel, Prielipp, Kremer, Matthews, Rojas gives them a good rotation. One or two of those can move to the bullpen which will strengthen that group. I like having Hoffman back with Morris and Gomez. Add Matthews or Rojas to that and you would have some power in the back end. Bring Minter back? This is the making of a good team. And these are all in-house players. There is always the possibility of adding a few from outside. Front Office needs to make good decisions and maximize all options.
  7. A lot seems to depend on Buxton. If he is going to be back soon and stays healthy, I might lean Erod because I am not quite as worried about him playing everyday. He would be the better choice to play more of a part time role. He is older and he is out of options so even a part time role this year would help to see what the future holds for him in the organization going forward. I would not want to do that with Jenkins. He has to play full-time if he is called up.
  8. Agree, I think they are going to need another starter. Connor in the pen would be beneficial and allow him to continue pitching throughout the year. Not opposed to adding a reliever as well, but me first priority would be a back-end starter first.
  9. Out of all the positions, I think 1B is the one that seems to be his best. Just be the eye test. He is not quite the athlete he used to be because of injury, but he is still a pretty athletic first baseman. We really don't have anyone knocking on the door for that spot. Stick him at first for a full year and see how that goes. Having an off-season to prepare for that position might make him a better overall hitter. Develop a plan stick to hit for a full season and see whether he can have salvage his career.
  10. I think exploring a trade for Ryan should be done regardless of whether we think we are in contention or not. Every move should be about acquiring talent that will help next year and selling players that will not be here. That doesn't mean you are not concerned with this year, it just means I am not trading for rentals and I am not getting rid of players that can be a big piece for next year. Personally, I would love to keep Joe. Putting a rotation of Pablo, Joe, Taj, Mick, and Conner could be really good next year. The bullpen has gotten some pieces that may stick and you could possibly add Zebby to that mix. Jenkins and Culpepper will give added youth and athleticism. A good mixture of youth and experience would give this group a chance to compete at a higher level next year.
×
×
  • Create New...