Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Tampa Bay, 9/3/21 @ 6:10pm CT

twinssporto

Message added by Squirrel,

Consider starting a game thread this month! If you've never done it, no sweat ... it's easy as pie! Contact stringer bell and put your name on the list!

Good afternoon Twins fans and welcome to the Twins Daily Game Thread! I hope everyone is getting ready to relax and enjoy the long weekend celebrating Labor Day! For those of you that have to work on Monday try to take Tuesday off. You should get a day off for your labor as well.

Tonight our beloved cellar dwellers will take on the Tampa Bay Rays. I lived in Tampa/St. Pete for almost 7 years and loved the area. I was there when the Rays started. The stadium is as bad as the Metrodome was by the way. Not a great place to watch MLB baseball...Regardless, the area is very nice and St. Pete has gone through a transition that rivals a lot of other cities around the country. Great restaurants, attractions, etc.  

Tonight big Randy Dobnak takes the mound after a long absence due to injury, I'm hoping he throws well tonight as he will need to start building confidence for 2022. Before Randy was put on the IL he posted a 1-6 record with a 7.83 ERA...Yikes! I'm betting Randy throws a decent game tonight against a great team. Hopefully Cruz doesn't light him up.

Anyway, here is tonight's lineups. 

GO TWINS!!!

TWINS:

1. Luis Arraez, 3B

2. Byron Buxton, CF

3. Jorge Polanco, 2B

4. Josh Donaldson, DH

5. Max Kepler, RF

6. Miguel Sano, 1B

7. Nick Gordon, LF

8. Ryan Jeffers, C

9. A. Simmons, SS

P - Randy Dobnak (R)

TAMPA BAY

1. Brandon Lowe, 2B

2. Joey Wendle, 3B

3. Nelson Cruz, DH

4. A. Meadows, LF

5. R. Arozarena, RF

6. K. Kiermaier, CF

7. Sandy Diaz, 1B

8. F. Mejia, C

9. Taylor Walls, SS

P - Michael Wacha, (R)

Weather: Dry inside 

2 minutes ago, wabene said:

That's a nice look for a lady on the tennis court, just sayin. I know it is a completely stupid complaint! I'm down with the 'stache

My sunglasses are red. I've played tennis in them before. Unfortunately, I once had to play tennis with them indoors. I forgot my regular glasses and my contacts, so I was stuck with my sunglasses (which are prescription) ... I might have looked 'cool' playing in my red sunglasses ... but it wasn't great for indoor tennis

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.