The Minnesota Twins are in the midst of the search for their next manager. As an organization, they are looking hard at candidates that are already inside the organization like Paul Molitor and Doug Mientkiewicz. They are also considering some other men from outside the organization and that's where I come in.
I would like to throw my name in the hat as a candidate for the next manager of the Minnesota Twins. I might not have the pedigree of a Hall-of-Famer or a World Series ring on my finger but I have the drive and passion to bring the Twins out of the dumpster.
North Dakota/Twins Territory | firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of North Dakota (Grand Forks, ND)
- Bachelor of Science in Education
- I graduate from the same university as Twins President Dave St. Peter so that has to count for something.
- I have the hard Midwest work ethic that will get the job done!
JV Head Coach Fastpitch Softball
- I worked with young players moving through the system trying to make the varsity team
- The Twins will have many young players comprising the core of the team in the coming years
- I can work with these younger players to improve their basic skills and eventually succeed at the highest level
Varsity Head Fastpitch Softball Coach
- I ran the team, organized practice plans, and was in charge of in-game strategy
- The Twins need an in game manager with the ability to meet the skill level of the players on the roster
- We might not have won a ton of games but we tried hard and worked on succeeding at the basics of the game.
- I've written about the team extensively during the Target Field era.
- The Twins need a manager with a combination of sabermetric analysis and old school style.
- My knowledge of the Twins minor league system and current 40-man roster will help to make the tough decisions that need to be made.
Plan for Recovery
- Let the Kids Play
- Young players like Danny Santana, Kennys Vargas, and Oswaldo Arcia were successful this past season
- Alex Meyer will be in the rotation on Opening Day
- Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton will make their debuts in 2015
- There might be some bumps and bruises from these players next season. Hopefully these scrapes will be out of the way by the end of the year and it can set-up a successful 2016 season.
Chicks Dig the Long Ball
- The Twins scored a lot of runs last season and that needs to continue
- If the team isn't going to spend money in the off-season on pitching, the offense is going to have to score more runs.
- Might as well let the kids go up there hacking away at the ball
- More fans will come to Target Field to see a 10-8 game than a 1-0 pitchers duel
- Billy Heywood- Minnesota Twins
- Young and energetic about the Minnesota Twins
- Joe Riggins- Durham Bulls
- Ability to work with veteran players and rising stars
- Lou Brown- Cleveland Indians
- Ability to win with a team no one thought he could
- George Knox- California Angels
- Uses a little help from above to get the team back on track
There you have it. Start spreading the word so I can get an interview with the Twins and we can get the team back to winning baseball.