Given the depth of discussion about the differences in remaining schedule between Cleveland and the Twins, thought a visual snapshot might help put things into focus.
Through the games on 8/20, each team has 36 games left. This chart highlights how those games stack up by opponent while also showing how each team has performed so far.
A few notes & takeaways:
- As this community is well aware, the teams have 6 games left head to head (the top row of the chart)
- Similarly, both have 7 left against the White Sox going into today's game
- The big advantage of course is the 17 games the Twins have vs. KC and Detroit, contrasted with just 9 for Cleveland
- Both teams have a 3-gamer against Washington left, in addition to similar-ish matchups in the AL East (Boston for the Twins, Rays for Cleveland)
- Cleveland makes up the 8 games the Twins have against the Central with the rest of their series with the Mets plus matchups with the Phillies and Angels
The Twins still have to play well, of course, but its nice to have a leg up the rest of the way home.