Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

twinssporto

Verified Member
  • Posts

    2,833
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by twinssporto

  1. I honestly think with the exception of Ervin every other rotation spot is open. Berrios may have some upside next year but I'm cautiously optimistic. I watched enough of this disaster the last few years that I don't like any of them. No one is over powering, no one strikes fear with the opposing teams. The offense is decent, the defense is awful (but hopefully can get better) and the pitching is a TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE. It would be easy to say go into the FA market and buy some arms but that is a very risky proposition. Keep bringing up the young talent and see who sticks. I was hoping the rebuild would have been 75% complete by now but I'm afraid its going to be a number of years until we have a quality pitching staff. Seriously, if we are depending on or looking to use May, Gibson, Mejia, Hughes and Santiago next year it is a very depressing staff. Based on what I've seen so far, a generous compliment would be to call them back of the rotation type guys...They probably fit into the category of mediocre or just below that line. We haven't even started taking about the bullpen yet....
  2. I always liked Mary Ann... Thats my vote.
  3. I'm trying to maintain the Twins Daily brand standards. I don't want to be held responsible for bringing them down any further than they already are now.
  4. That's the one. LA Law was good too. She's not Game Thread worthy though. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0-QHYdh5qmc/TZP7kZmssuI/AAAAAAAAAko/azZXdLPCV40/s1600/susan-dey-in-looker-16.jpg
  5. I always thought Susan Dey was kind of cute.
  6. I have Game Thread intro tomorrow night. Any special requests or topics you want covered? Getting into creative mood soon.
  7. I honestly don't think I have ever seen Twins pitching so bad. Ever. I mean never ever.
  8. Too Bad Buxton can't jump to the second deck...
  9. That sucked. James Mccann? I thought he sold flowers? 1-800Flowers or something? When did he start playing baseball? http://collaborativespeakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/mccan-jim-book.jpg
  10. My #18 - Only a short time left to banter back and forth with all my online friends on the Twins Daily Game Thread. It's gonna be a long cold winter (until I get to Ft. Meyers and Spring Training!!)
  11. This whole conversation is like chasing your tail. The real problem that plagues this team boils down to this: Who's in charge? Obviously no one (or if someone is actually in charge they are making some crazy moves). When does the new regime start?
  12. The best way to tackle multiple issues/problems is to identify the one that plagues you the most and focus on that one first. In this case it is pitching. At this point of the season if the Twins really want to make an impact next year focus on one thing only: Pitching...forget the offense and other infielders. That can sort itself out in the off season and next year in spring training. At the moment I think the offense can take care of itself and most of the infield positions can get sorted out easily enough. I would like see the new FO and coaches primarily focus on pitching. Imagine if they just spent quality time doing that and ignore some of the other noises. If they do that they may be able to put together a better bullpen and starting rotation. That doesn't mean you ignore opportunities with your other offensive players if something comes along. I'm just saying focus on the pitchers. If we can improve those guys by 50% over this year it would be a huge improvement and make us much more competitive. The positive is that I think we have a good core of young, offensive players coming along (Buxton, Polanco, Kepler, Sano, etc.) that give us a shot at being competitive soon. It sort of reminds me of Puckett, Hrbek, Gaetti and Brunansky. Plus we have a few veterans that can help too with Dozier and Mauer. Unfortunately, I look at the arms we have now and don't see anything there that gets exciting. Do we have multiple problems? Yes. I doubt we can fix them all so just focus on the arms for now. Oh, and maybe a catcher too!
  13. I'm going to go search for a new avatar.
  14. Hits home runs and ties games up...
  15. I think its just the way this season has turned out...it's making people crazy and a little unstable.
  16. Its turning into the TD Freak show.
  17. You guys need to change your avatars back. I'm getting confused (and scared).
  18. They should have PH Suzuki and used Vargas
  19. Kind of amazing we have our best home run hitter leading off...
×
×
  • Create New...