Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

cmoss84

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,262
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by cmoss84

  1. Unfortunately, this stuff does happen from time to time...and it is gross. My first year of coaching varsity HS in SoCal, we had 4-5 D-1 prospects on our team. We ended up 4th in the nation in homeruns. But the coach before us was terrible and let all of the players have "me-first" mentalities. Our catcher, who was a sophomore, was jealous of the attention other players were getting, and his dad was an idiot. I was the pitching coach and called every pitch. In the middle of the season, we went through a 2-week stretch where everything I called was getting hit hard. I told my HC I have no idea what I am doing...tried everything, and for him to call pitches instead. A few days later, he showed up at my house telling me he had received multiple phone calls from players/parents saying our catcher was telling all batters what pitches were coming. He was kicked off the team, but the district allowed him to play for another team. A year later, he pitched against us and a full-on brawl ensued. People need to take this stuff more seriously-it can alter the college/career paths of many individuals.
  2. Wallner hitting second is interesting. But I would almost flip he and Larnach in the lineup.
  3. I guess my main ideas were: 1) Give more experience and exposure to prospects who might not otherwise get a chance 2) Give MLB players-especially all stars-an additional day of rest 3) Give GMs more insight before the trade deadline
  4. Sorry! Please don't hit me!
  5. I'm guessing you didn't read my post. A MLB game. With each team having an entire farm system roster.
  6. Mlb should have one game across the league where teams form a farm system all star roster. Gives the guys in the bigs an extra day off, and prospects a cup of coffee. Possibly right before the Allstar break. Thoughts?
  7. Our AAA and AA guys might combine to play better then our Twinkies right now. Still, we are 3 games up. And the pendulum always swings...right??
  8. RIP James! We are all on the dark side!
  9. I was talking about you and Ashbury...but great to hear about people on here meeting up! A lot of good people passionate about baseball...need more of this in life. Thanks for sharing!
  10. Closing ballgames is an art, my friend. Very few humans on the planet do it well...especially for a long period of time. But last night was about Rocco/Ober. I'd left the stadium if I was Ober. Uber.
  11. Miller was awesome. But an entirely different role...and I agree with you...one that we need to fill. I guess Jax is ours.
  12. Most closers do poorly when put in non save situations. Preparation is far different as closer, and should not be messed with.
  13. My apologies if I offended anyone talking about season opener Vikings tomorrow. I like more than one sport. Farmer at 1B? JFC. And he laughs after ole'ing one. What a jokester.
  14. Rocco deserves 100% of the blame. Don't try to talk yourself our of it. And I'm not even mad. Super happy (gummy defense) and ready for Vikings. Rocco needs out. Crystal clear after this game, unfortunately.
  15. I mean...people might want to watch a baseball game to celebrate if that happens. I would.
  16. If Royce goes 4-4 with 2 bombs, do they DH him the rest of the year?
  17. Yup. Same. I remember from fantasy baseball...was like, "how many games does he have to play to qualify as SS or MI???"
  18. Betts was drafted as a 2B...
  19. Bottom line is...he probably doesn't want to play 2B because he is not comfortable there. Him saying these things isn't about not being a team player. It's more than likely about him not wanting to let the team down when we are in a playoff race in September. Turning two is obviously a major boost in most games to avoid disastrous innings. Not being able to turn two-especially in the playoffs-will be magnified. PS Turning two efficiently takes a ton of reps and chemistry with the other middle infielder. When I went from high school to college ball, I almost crapped my pants how quick our MI was. But it doesn't just happen. TONS of reps.
  20. Professional athletes, in any sport, generally do not last long. A lot of factors play into this...including competition and injuries. According to this article, a MLB player's average career is 2.7 years. Professional athletes who make it longer than that are beasts. https://www.princetonreview.com/careers/22/baseball-player
  21. Pitchers need to throw inside...it's too important to get rid of. Also, a lot of batters stand directly over the plate (AKA Rizzo). Can't give a batter 2nd base when he gets beaned near the strike zone. Maybe batters should be required to wear more protective gear? I am all for suspending pitchers for fastball head shots though. That ain't cool.
  22. The mouthful of gas Max acquired in the OP' picture probably didn't help.
  23. Don't worry-there will be a WAR statistic for coaches soon. And who knows what else. Maybe we should start a thread on this site to come up with managerial sabermetrics.
×
×
  • Create New...