Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

cmoss84

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,262
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by cmoss84

  1. Not sure I understand. He has plenty of years/$ left on his current contract. If he likes a situation, why wouldn't it happen without an extension? Just for an example I've used before...Arenado for Correa. If Correa is willing to play some 3B, which would be less wear and tear, he might be okay with it. A lot of players have high praise for that organization.
  2. Naw. Arizona flips most the bill. Also, he's 32 and had a decent career before '24.
  3. Member when Max and Justin were on Detroit 20 years ago? I member. Is now the perfect time to trade for Jordan Montgomery?
  4. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have outbid them. Feels like the Phillies pulled a Dumb and Dumber on the blind kid.
  5. Rickey Henderson passed away at 65. Damnit.
  6. I just wrote the same thing above so I don't want to be redundant. Everyone evaluates players and injury risks differently. Too me, this is a package that MIGHT get it done, and a package that wouldn't hurt my feelings losing.
  7. Correct-everyone is going to evaluate these players differently. Risks on both sides. For me, the juice is worth the squeeze to have a REALLY good starting rotation to make a push in the playoffs. There are also a lot of different opinions on 6-man rotations. I think it would be perfect for our squad. I went into detail in a thread a while back about the benefits of it...including quite a few sources. But to each their own! Thanks for your guy's input!
  8. I didn't say it's a terrible package. I just said this is who I would trade. The Marlins are going to evaluate these guys way different than me...and they are probably more right than me. That's why I was asking everyone's opinion to see if this package would be enough... You could go back and forth all day debating whether to trade these guys for "injury prone" front end starters. Hell, even in this thread it does from "get this deal done now!" to "I wouldn't trade anyone for Luzardo!" A lot of variables and rolling the dice in this deal. I just simply wanted to know why all of the disagreements...if people think I am giving up too much or not enough...
  9. A million thumbs down but nobody wants to explain. All good. Here's more of my thought process: 1) Festa and Zebby are back end of rotation guys. 2) Raya is AAAA or MLB long reliever. 3) Miranda is an average MLB player-when he's healthy. 4) Julien is AAAA 5) G-Gon and Luke are nice prospects but ??? 6) We might also be able to unload Paddock and/or Vazquez in the deal. 7) I want guys who can give quality playoff innings. 8) I also want a 6-man rotation: Pablo-Sandy-Bailey-Jesus-Joe-SWR 9) Morris and Lewis (and soon Soto) will replace Festa and Zebby. 10) Sandy and Jesus will help put bodies in seats and show the FO/(new ?) owners are trying to win.
  10. I think I just broke the record for negative responses! Nice! Serious question though...people don't want 2 #2s? Don't like these SPs? Don't think it's enough bait to catch 2 big fish? I'd love to discuss further. Baseball is good. And fun to chat about.
  11. A while back I mentioned going after Jesus AND Alcantara (because why not...it's the Marlins). Sandy's salary is $17 the next 2 years with a 3rd year club option. Here's what I offered...not sure if it is enough: Festa, Zebby, Raya, Miranda, G-Gon, and Julien. If we needed to add Keuschall to the mix, I'd still do it.
  12. I'm guessing he signs with Mariners. But an intriguing notion lessthenone.
  13. Billions? check. Messes with Jokic? check. Likes to spend on FA? check. ok deal. do they have interest in moving the team? Otherwise this is perfect
  14. Top end pitching at a reasonable price is hard to come by. They get Pablo for 3 years, in his prime. If they do really like Carlos, they get two excellent pieces (they can afford). They see the AL East as very winnable, and want to go for it. They have Pablo and Crochet at the top of a nice rotation. They could still sign additional pieces like Bregman and Bader.
  15. I'm just looking big picture. Something like: Arenado (3 years on the "cheap") vs Correa (5+ years on the expensive) Sign Jose Iglesias
  16. Yep. Sale part II. "Moncada AND Kopech???!!!!"
  17. '21 157 games '21 148 games '22 148 games '22 136 games '23 144 games '23 135 games '24 152 games '24 86 games '25 $21m '25 $37.3m '26 $16m '26 $32.8m '27 $15m '27 $31.8m '28 $31.3m '29 $25m (vesting) '30 $20m (vesting) '31 $15m (vesting) '32 $10m (vesting) One is Arenado and one is Correa. Who do you think the Twins get more value from? I'm going Arenado. I wouldn't be upset if it happened, although it is a long shot for sure. For those of you who disagree, why do you choose Correa?
  18. Not saying it's ideal. But his contract is far better than CCs. It decreases pretty quickly...and he could be a nice trade piece as well in the next few years.
  19. True-I wrote in another thread: Pablo and Carlos for Casas, Duran, prospects/lottos.
  20. I mean. He's not good, but is he really THAT bad? Would he be worth it if he was the next Matt Olson offensively? And on the cheap for a long time...
  21. Correa and Lopez for Casas, Duran, and a few lottos.
  22. Max Fried got an 8 year contract from Yankees. $218.
×
×
  • Create New...