Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

cmoss84

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    1,262
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by cmoss84

  1. My thoughts are this: Let's say no more Goldy in St. Louis. Let's say they want Correa. We make a trade for prospects...then sign a need for cheaper.
  2. Sonny Gray's walkout music should be Black Hole Sun.
  3. A few things to keep in mind: 1. IF we traded them, we are not dropping them. We get humans back in return, 2. IF we trade them, we free up money-money that can be spent in free agency. 3. If we free up a significant amount of money, this opens up other trade possibilities. Not counting our returns on trades/FA, here are a few names: Position players Brooks Lee, Luke Keaschall, Keirsey, Michael Helman, Eeles, Yunior Severino, Camargo, Chris Williams, Ricardo Olivar, the E-man Pitchers Zebby, Festa, Raya, Morris
  4. What day is trash day? It's starting to stink.
  5. Where are we most likely to shed salary, if we do at all, after this season? Here are my thoughts-what are yours? Correa: not likely, but these teams need a SS and spend money: ARI, St. Louis, SF, Boston and LAA. Pablo: doubtful, but with pitching at a premium, would we pull the trigger if someone overpays? Buxton: I'm in the minority, but I think we need to deal him in off-season. He has 4/60 left-might have some suitors. Vasquez: Would be a miracle, but not likely at $10. Paddock: Do we trade him for some lotto tickets? It seems like we would have decent replacements in the wings for all of these gentlemen. What kind of deal would it take for you to be satisfied? Can we pull off another AJ Pierzynski miracle?
  6. Had to read this a couple of times. At first, I thought you meant you felt sorrow when you left $3 million. I was like. no. doubt. I moved from MN almost 20 years ago-forgot about 3M...but had relatives who worked there.
  7. Duran/Jax 1A & 1B setup guy we got in trade. Alcala Sands dependable lefty we picked up at trade deadline. Henriquez Winder Varland Funderburk Thielbar Blewett Willi Castro Richards Okert
  8. Miranda has 87 games at 1B. Lewis has none, but this is an option for him, as 3B to 1B usually isn't too bad of transition. I'd rather have Lewis at 1B than OF. Julien hasn't exactly been Roberto Alomar at 2B and has 5 games there...which at least hints to the idea the Twins are thinking about using him there . Wallner is tall and athletic enough...I think? Could be in the Matt Olson mold? Bottom line is I think all 4 COULD see time there next year.
  9. I wouldn't mind a 1 year/3m deal to play a part-time/mentor roll to teach our young guys. He will probably (maybe?) get more elsewhere. I'm telling you...if this dude plays a couple more years, he is putting up boarder line HOF numbers. So he might sign somewhere to start. I see 1B being a revolving door of these humans: -Miranda -Lewis -Julien -Wallner
  10. The Twins are undefeated when RpR gives me a thumbs down...take a W to the bank!
  11. I'd bring him back...if he's willing to take a reasonable contract and play less than 100 games.
  12. @Shaitan Just curious because I do value your opinion...you think we have the pitching to make a strong playoff push?
  13. Bottom line is...if you don't get arms at the deadline, you are not a true contender.
  14. Thought Yunior would have cracked the top 20 prospect list. Biggest surprise for me.
  15. Like I said before, he is our Trevor May. Not sexy but effective. Same body type. Same stuff.
  16. Interesting lineup. I'm wondering on defensive metrics for Wallner in rf and Larnach in lf...and visa versa?
  17. I'd probably match them with the SP most comfortable with them.
  18. I guess I would start the same lineup either way... Good points though.
  19. As we get near the homestretch of the season, and hopefully the playoffs, what is your ideal lineup? Not thinking about RHP vs LHP. Just best overall lineup. Win or go home lineup. Fully healthy lineup. Mine: Willi Castro 2b Carlos Correa ss Royce Lewis 3b Matt Wallner lf Jose Miranda dh Byron Buxton cf Carlos Santana 1b Jeffers c Max Kepler rf
  20. When was the last time a team had 11 hits combined in back to back games, yet won both?
  21. If Ober gets to 15 wins and an ERA closer to 3, does he get some cy young votes???
  22. Farmer, Margot, and Thielbar. You maximize your roster to maximize wins. Simple as that. Love these guys as much as you want, we could do better. If you don't think so, instead of putting thumbs down, explain why. This is FO BS.
  23. Short answer: losing Long answer: winning
×
×
  • Create New...