Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Badsmerf

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,904
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Badsmerf

  1. Again, it isn't always about the stats. They have a plan for him, and so far I think they've done pretty well by him. Besides, the major league rotation is stacked right now (i'm joking there, in case there was any doubt).
  2. Let kick or no leg kick, he looks like he is adjusting. He is swinging at better pitches, and laying off some just outside the zone. He should have started the year in AAA, we might have seen this version earlier.... or, he would have still needed to be sent back down and we would see this version later. I'm just glad he is with the twins and playing well. He will be fun to watch.
  3. It doesn't look like he's comfortable yet. As long as he plays everyday, and gets more exposure to the MLB, this is a good move. Remember, it isn't only about adjusting on the field, it is adjusting to the lifestyle as well. He is a young kid with a ton of talent and expectations. All it will take is a few good games IMO.
  4. Jay is really pitching well right now. At some point the twins need to make room for him, gonsalves, and jorge! Good problem to have, can't remember the last time 4 sp at a certain level were dominating.
  5. The only way he learns to hit mlb pitching is in the mlb. I don't think they were ready to call him up either, but injuries happen. Who do you all suppose was going to play cf? This is a no brainer. The kid is talented. You send him down looking for a response, and he hits like a machine. You can't have it both ways, either you are for young guys playing through struggles or you're not. If he is over matched again they can send him down. I'm just hoping he rides this hot streak into Minneapolis. Let the haters hate and show um up!
  6. Very nice to see Buxton continuing to do well. It is only a matter of time until he puts it together with the twins.
  7. If Meyer had a better fb he'd be having more success. From the first time i watched him get rocked in the futures game, I've been down on him. He can't throw strikes, and when he does he gets crushed.
  8. Interesting report. A good fastball with great command can go a long way. What happened to the advertised wipe out slider? At this point i think his floor is raised, with ceiling remaining high. I'd rather have a guy with a great fastball and improving secondary stuff than the other way around ( Meyer).
  9. Lol. I'll be shocked if he is drafted at all. Cook wasn't even drafted very highly and he was one if the better qbs to come out of the big ten thus decade.
  10. I have no problem with gonsalves or Stewart in fort Myers a little longer. They aren't coming up this year regardless, and once they arrive in New Britain they are only a call away. I like seeing them having success. The twins typically like to allow teams to see them twice to see how they adjust. I could honestly see them allow both to stay down until the minor league as break, or slightly before. Look at how they handled berrios. They were cautious and aggressive with him, and he was further along than these two.
  11. Good luck to that kid, he's going to need it. I'm not losing sleep over it. This is still a good class. I'm really pumped about green coming to mn. Kid has some skills.
  12. I'm so far down on Meyer, I don't care what they do with him. He can't throw strikes, can't repeat his delivery and only had one stretch if baseball that justified a high rating (and he looked terrible in the all star game that year). I don't get why people are so hung up on him at this point. Let him move into relief and try to provide value now. You all are worried about Perkins and jepsen in front of him yet still cling to the irrational thought he could be an ace. That is over. The Randy Johnson comparison is ridiculous.
  13. Is anyone that worried about Snelson? I'm all for talent, but that kid is a diva. I'm a big fan of firing limegrover and the qb coach. The offensive scheme was a joke. Recruits change their minds, don't get accepted into schools, get hurt, flunk out, never live up to the hype et cetera. Once the scheme is better it will attract more talent. Why would anyone want to go to Maryland? The team is a terribly coached team that has a flashy offense. I don't want the gophers to be them by any means, but a better offense will make a difference.
  14. You're welcome twins daily. Feels good to receive affirmation. I'll continue to attempt to hijack threads, ramble aimlessly about being mad, cut down opinions like the amazon, and inject wit.
  15. Worst linebacker play I've seen in a long time in this game. I've been saying it every week for a long time, these linebackers are the reason this team is losing. That poock kid is absolutely horrible. How can you not so the run, over and over, when you know... that there is a99% chance a run is coming? Special teams is also abysmal. Unreal. Offense played really well, gameplan was extremely solid. I thought we were past these problems.
  16. Leidner was brutally bad in that game. So bad in fact, that kill pulled a red shirt for less than a quarters worth of play. Leidner plays even as well as he did last week (and that isn't saying much) Minnesota beats nw. Remember, it was a close game until after the third. Northwestern never impressed me. A lot has happened since then. This team has gotten healthier, leidner has been playing better, defense has remained solid. I think Iowa will overlooked them. They are more concerned with Nebraska.
  17. He's done well so far. The team has showed up with a plan and played well. The clock thing was unforgivable, but it was such a small sample I think he gets a second chance on that. You can't judge a coach based that one play. I think they beat Iowa Saturday too. I don't even think it'll be close.
  18. Any concern over the lack of power? Any insights on bat speed and swing seth? Is he supposed to develop more power?
  19. My dvr didn't record the whole game. I sat and stared at the TV with under 4minutes left in the fourth and silently wish I'll will on abc for having hocus pocus on so late. After seeing the result, the coaching staff should be apologizing to the players. Leidner should have just done a quick snap qb sneak in spite of the stupid play call. Words can't describe the ineptitude of those decisions in the last 20seconds. BTW, that is the gopher team I expected to watch the entire season. W.t.f. Leidner was fast! W.t.f. There are some young paymakers on that team. The season is salvageable still. Knock off osu, and continue the momentum and end the season on a high note.
  20. Gonsalves has too many skeptics still. He has a good feel for his breaking ball, and scouts have said that allowed him to dominate the low levels of the minors. When he starts facing more advanced hitters that can handle breaking stuff and make him pitch that FB we'll see how he does. I think he is on the radar though.
  21. Very strong list. All these guys should be top 100 prospects right? Jay is the only questionable one, but he was such a high draft pick I don't see how he is left off. Thanks for the list Seth. You've done a great job developing this site and providing excellent content.
  22. Depends on how highly you viewed him. The first time I saw him pitch I was extremely disappointed. The power FB had no command, and his wipe-out slider couldn't get over the plate. The Nats knew what they had with him, and knew the odds were he was going to end up in the pen. I don't fault the Twins for this trade, and neither should anyone else. Had he clicked (and still might eventually) he could be a top of the rotation guy. Unfortunately, his floor is a non-MLB player since he struggles to throw strikes. I do think TR could have gone after a little more of a sure thing at equal the upside with Span.
  23. I feel for him and his family. He seems like such a genuine person, I really hope this decision helps him. This team has not looked like the past 2 seasons of gopher football. I'm wondering how much his health has been impacting the team. The last few weeks is the first time I've questioned Kill's ability to lead this team into a national contender. Now, the U has a huge problem on their hands. There is no AD and they need to replace their football coach. I hope they don't simply promote TC. I really think they need to hire someone with national star power to draw recruits in. Kill was doing well finding some guys and developing them, but MN will never compete with Mich or OSU without getting better recruits. they will need to find that diamond in the ruff. Easier said than done.
×
×
  • Create New...