The problem I have with this discussion is do we ever here the other side, or what is really going on? Joe Mauer contract was 23 million for 8 years, total of 184 million over those 8 years when he was young and that was looked on as a contract that limited the Twins options for years. Donaldson, old, end of career and we, I know I do, want management to jump at 28.5 over 4, 110 million? How have the "misses" from previous free agent attempts turned out well for those team? The success of a management is more than the moves they do make; it has to look at the mistakes they avoided. Also, at what point does money just not matter? I got up this morning to go start my wife's car and it was 20 below zero. I know Donaldson will live on the road 9 months of the year, but Atlanta is home. Does an extra couple million on top of 110 really matter?