Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

rdehring

Verified Member
  • Posts

    3,213
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by rdehring

  1. No problem with such an extension, Seth. But I am of the opinion that of all the players talked about, Sano should be at the top of the list to be traded. Perhaps, such an extension would help by giving the buyer a longer term return. Not certain to the timing, although I doubt it should be this winter. Perhaps next July, but probably next winter. My biggest concern is related to his role in the 'chemistry' of the Rosario/Sano/Berrios/Polanco/Buxton/Kepler/Vargas group on the team. If he is that critical leader, my interest in trading him goes down. I believe the Twins are going to have to trade someone to get that young starter every bit as good, or better, than Berrios. Not another prospect, but someone who has one or two very good years under their belt. Toss in another prospect (coming to us) and I would pull the trigger to put the rotation at a championship level. (I am assuming at least one of the guys at AA last year is going to make it big) Why Sano? Too many questions, weight, defensive (he has done better than most of us expected) uncertainties amongst others. Also, he has the potential to be great and should bring the return we need. Could probably get that from he and Buxton and Buxton should not be traded, period! Does he become another Cabrera? Maybe, but not certain I care if we get the right starting pitcher that makes us a contender for the next ten years.
  2. Hate it! Expansion to 32 is ok, but why not keep the structure we have had?
  3. Great article John, Thanks. What a year to be a Twins fan. The best for me is watching the outfielders do their thing after a win. A great display of what this team is all about!
  4. Will Santana have a short start today, Seth? Maybe 5 innings, 60-70 pitches as he prepares for Tuesday?
  5. CAN YOU SMELL IT? For the Twins not to make the playoffs, they will have to go 100% into the tank. With the young kids experienced winners from the minors AND 5 remaining against Detroit, that isn't likely. And after dropping three to the Yankees this week, the Twins have them right where they want them....over confident!
  6. I like this and agree that putting Mejia into the Magnificent 7 is premature. Personally, I would like the 7th to be a late inning reliever. Some guy with a bit of a wild look that comes into the game with loud music playing "wild thing." Maybe we wait for Curtiss or Burdi to take that last step and become that shut-down closer.
  7. Yup! It was a long time ago and I only saw him a game or two a year (there wasn't tv back then), but Rosario reminds me so much of him when he was a young player. Much different personality, as Hank was soft spoken and very reserved.
  8. You may recall, Seth, that several years ago I spoke of the similarities between Rosario and a player I watched as a kid. Similar size, both played some second base before settling in the outfield, both with reasonable speed, and both with very quick, special hands. Now I don't predict that Rosario will become the greatest home run hitter of all-time, but the similarities told me a long time ago he may well become a special player.
  9. As you will recall, I have always been a believer of Rosario becoming one of the Twins top players. Have been pleasantly surprised at how much progress he has made this year at the plate. I don't know how defensive metrics are calculated, but I see a player who is above average. Yes, he makes a dumb decision once in awhile, throwing to the wrong base or a bit wild. But he gets to so many balls many outfielders wouldn't, holding runners to one less base. I said to Bonnie earlier this year that I see a lot of Rod Carew in Polanco. Although it is unlikely he, or anyone, will become as good as one of the games all-time best. But he does a lot of the things well that Carew did and I see him as being a long-term asset for this team. Not convinced about Mejia. Would like to see him shed a few pounds and improve his fielding. Don't like his not getting to first base to take a throw when needed...which happened too often.
  10. Thanks John, always enjoy reading how you look at things. And this was an excellent presentation of why the Twins have an excellent chance of playing at least one extra game. Expect that will happen unless the Twins go on a serious losing streak OR someone else goes on that winning streak. And last night made it even better (Twins) or tougher for the others, especially after the Angels fell another game back.
  11. With all these guys plus the trio that pitched a lot for the Twins this year and the injured guys (Burdi and Chargois), I think it is likely the Twins do not need to go out and get more than maybe one good reliever over the winter. What will be interesting is how many are lost in the Rule 5, if any!
  12. I would go along with Seth and have Sammons in the Top 5! If one of Graterol, Enlow and Moran reaches his ceiling, the Twins are gonna have one nice pitcher.
  13. Two championships in the books and a chance for three. Great year down on the farm. When was the last time the system had two champs?
  14. The name I find interesting here, Seth, is T.J. White. I don't follow this like I used to and to be honest, don't know much about him. Was this month a fluke? Or is he a potential big league third baseman? If so, might be arriving two years from now about the time the Twins will have some decisions to make about a new contract for their current third baseman.
  15. Thanks for doing this again this year, Seth. I know you know that many of us appreciate it. I also know how much work you and your associates put into this. My one thought today as I read this was, "Damn, I hate one game play-ins for the GCL finals." Will feel much better about it, by the way, if we win today! Thanks again and have a wonderful Labor Day!
  16. I agree that Thorpe may be the best pitching prospect in the system. There is the large # of players needing to be added this fall, including Gonsalves, Littell, Reed, Diaz, Stewart, Moya, Bard, Burdi and Derek Rodriguez. That's nine, not including Thorpe. My concern is that because he was at Hi-A, they try to sneak him thru. I expect that would be a HUGE mistake. But I won't sleep easy until I see him on the roster.
  17. Is Thorpe a definite add to the 40-man roster in November?
  18. Will be curious to see the other side of this move, Seth. Is it possible Vielema is taken off the 40-man?
  19. After reading this, Seth, took a look at Moran's numbers. One earned run in 20 innings...WOW! Twins are gonna have to put Moya on the 40-man roster in November, aren't they? Was thinking about that last night while watching the game. Does Jorge stay on the roster? Or is he at risk of being taken off as they look for spots for guys like Thorpe, Littell and others.
  20. Was reading something a few days ago and for the life of me, couldn't remember the name of that stocky kid who hit so well at Beloit back when. But the light bulb went off when I saw the name, Deacon Burns. Really thought he was going to make it, till he got to AA. Thanks
  21. Didn't Matt LeCroy hit the most home runs of any Twins player at Fort Myers? Wasn't it 20 something? Or was there someone else?
  22. What's interesting, Seth, is that almost all of the players on that list hit their home runs at Elizabethton. Big difference between there and Fort Myers. What did guys like Kris Bryant do during their draft year? Have you compared his results to a few guys like that?
  23. Zander Wiel, who has been at Fort Myers all year, leads the team with 12 home runs. Rooker, who has been there a little over a month, has 11. He only needs one more than Wiel to tie, nor two more to lead the team. What an amazing month plus for Rooker. Not certain what it says about the rest of the lineup?
  24. Hey Seth, watching the last few innings of the Twins game. Just saw that some kid named Buxton got his 3rd home run today. I know he must be one of their younger guys. Is he a good prospect? Thanks, have a great day.
×
×
  • Create New...