Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LaBombo

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    9,171
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    49

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LaBombo

  1. Thanks for leaving out the part where in a little over half a season worth of games they got a WAR from a former Twin that would have ranked third highest for the season on our roster, and we got.. ...what did we get again?
  2. Maybe, but it looked to me like the ball was already nearing its final resting place between home plate and the dugout when Judge and his steamer trunk debarked at third.
  3. Maybe even if he had gotten out of the first with a lead and fewer than 25 pitches. But along with the whole Yankee Mystique thing, they're just really good at taking pitches, getting on base, and bashing the bejesus out of the baseball.
  4. A spectator, but a lurking spectator. There's a difference.
  5. And yet I think the old Gardenhire Twins managed that very feat on multiple occasions against the Yankees, including several playoff games that were among the least competitive sporting events since the Lions hosted the Christians.
  6. I started disliking them long ago, but that very gesture you speak of was the one that caused me to vent about Yankee fans tonight. Now they rub me the wrong way both figuratively and literally.
  7. Nothing more inspiring than fans behind home plate who are worth more than the combined GDP's of every nation in South America wearily rising to their feet yet again to cheer for a team that cost more than an entire aircraft carrier battle group.
  8. Happy to be of service, as always. I would never have remembered it from the movie if the Twins hadn't made it part of their organizational mission statement.
  9. http://quotes.lifehack.org/media/quotes/quote-Frank-Abagnale-why-do-the-yankees-always-win-the-6906.png
  10. It seems to me that for the most part the Yankees fans are dissatisfied with anything short of the home plate umpire forcing the Twins pitchers to place the ball on a tee for their hitters.
  11. They have a sports psychologist on call. He's worked in New York before. Radical new approach that treats losing like a disease.
  12. Yup. And that's before you fill it with Yankees fans. And Yankees.
  13. Politifact rated this statement just slightly less true than "Twins unable to play on moon without space suits". http://static.politifact.com.s3.amazonaws.com/rulings/tom-mostlytrue.png
  14. He was slow to get up after that catch in the second, but I didn't think much of it after he was able to bat in the third. Huge bummer. Hope he's ok.
  15. And that hairline cost more than the sum of all the cars I've owned in the past two decades.
  16. I'm not sure which realization is more disturbing... that I'm old enough to remember when yellow blazers were cool, or that his face cost more than my house.
  17. That and third down conversion. And penalty killing.
  18. Would have waited if I were making them, but I was just getting a refill and planned on just being away from the TV for a few seconds. But we have a pug, and whenever snacks come out, there's usually a series of scuffles not unlike the Pink Panther movies' epic Inspector Clouseau vs Cato battles.
  19. Was in the kitchen and had no line of sight. Thought I heard them say it was Didi's throw that arrived with no chance to get Buxton, but it must have been Starlin. That's what I get for taking a nacho break.
  20. Did anyone else think that it was adorable the way that Didi threw the ball to first as if he had a shot at getting Buxton?
×
×
  • Create New...