Now that he drives an automatic, the guys in his car club call him The Cruiser. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/Cruiser-STRIPES.gif
We should be used to the old guy talk. Last time Colon pitched Gladden started naming the species that have become extinct since Bartolo first roamed the plains of baseball's Pleistocene Era.
Don't want to jinx the improbable success of the bullpen with negative vibes, but could Bert maybe find alternatives to saying the a reliever has "back-doored" a batter? I fear it's the kind of slippery slope situation that could lead to him complaining that "the umpire really mini-vanned us on that call"
So I was on the way home with the game on and the sound turned down so that I could see the score on the station crawl but have it quiet in the car so the voices in my head could talk to each other. Have the Padres been pitching, or are the Twins using a batting tee?
I was hoping he was hitting the 'profession at bats' kind of .176 like Son of Sal used to for Gardy, but your post confirmed my worst fears. Anyway, Gluten-free chicken piccata! Sorry, I'm a little out of practice.
Does it smell like moderately priced Irish pub-themed dining? Maybe that's Bennigan's. Whoever it was, their fish and chips really messed with my Bartolo.