Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

glunn

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    10,696
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by glunn

  1. Good one. I needed something positive and enjoyed this.
  2. Sometimes I wonder whether Gomez or Benson might have done better if they had spent more time in AAA.
  3. This is a great blog, and I hope that the Twins explore this. I also wonder why a low budget team can have so many great starters while the Twins have so few. Is this scouting, coaching, draft strategy or luck?
  4. When I read Thrylos' original post I was skeptical. But even if I had believed what I said, I would not be very upset to learn that he was mistaken. We live in a difficult world, and being misled about Baker was not a big deal to me. And it seems to me that the TD leadership handled this with thoughtfulness and restraint. If they had erased the thread, then that would have bothered me. But the thread is still there for all to see, and Thrylos received a lot of criticism that is still there for people to read. This is my favorite Twins site and I am hopeful that we can all move on and have even more fun next year. I value everyone who posts here, whether I agree with them or not, and even if they disagree with me. We share a common bond that adds meaning to our lives, and when the Twins win, Thrylos will be our brother in celebrating the victory.
  5. I agree with those who feel that the Twins should go young.
  6. This is an interesting article. My sense is that Mauer would be reluctant to consent to the trade, because he would hate playing in a fishbowl like Boston where the press and the fans are very unforgiving. Other than playing for a team that is better equipped to contend, I don't see any incentive for Mauer to agree to this, and Boston had so many problems last year that its chances of contending anytime soon seem remote.
  7. I like your analysis, but wonder how difficult it might be to entice a quality free agent to come to a team that will have had the worst record in the AL for two straight years. Marcum and Jackson might put some weight on the value of going to a team that appears to have a better chance of being competitive. Also, if some other team wants them, the Twins seem unlikely to get into a bidding war. I fear that the Twins will bottom fish for someone who has some potential, but is less in demand, such as Ervin Santana.
  8. You gentlemen have obviously given this a lot of thought and I am enjoying your analysis of what might have happened.
  9. You have done an excellent job bringing perspective to a disappointing season, along with some plausible hope for the future.
  10. This is an interesting take on the situation, Mr. Lounge. But how do you explain Spanish basketball players? Mutations?
  11. Good article. I am now a fan of the Rockies, Cubs and Padres. I look at scores every day hoping that they win. But I am not bothering with the Astros -- it looks like they have the #1 pick locked up.
  12. I think that this is a visionary idea that will probably never be seriously considered by the Twins. On the other hand, I love watching Revere play in the outfield.
  13. I look forward to your blogs.
  14. This is interesting. Thanks for posting it.
  15. His OPS of .775 is the 6th best on the team, as you can see &tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+hitting&sectionType=sp&statType=hitting&page=1&ts=1345091967716&sortColumn=ops&sortOrder=%27desc%27&extended=0"]here.
  16. Excellent article and I agree that it would be good to let them play a lot in September. I also see no reason why the existing outfielders need to play very much in September. Why risk one of them getting injured?
  17. This is very interesting and looks like it took a lot of work. I am glad to see that your top 6 are pitchers. The Twins could use some good ones.
  18. [quote name=Jim Crikket;bt3521 Also' date=' am I wrong to feel that, assuming you are bound to be ranked near the bottom in SOME positions, I'd rather it be 2B and SS than most other positions? Sure the team OPS at those positions is bad, but how much worse is it than average for that position? Point being, I'd rather be 29th at 2B than 29th at 1B, where there'd likely be a significant spread.[/quote] I share Jim's desire to hear the answer to his question. I also would like to know where Revere would rank if he was playing his natural position of CF.
  19. This is BRILLIANT. I hope that it gets promoted to the main page!
  20. Another thorough report with the always appreciated links to the box scores. I am very happy to hear that Buxton is off to a strong start at E-Town.
  21. glunn

    Player Comparison

    I love any blog that involves the mysterious Players A and B. I did not guess who they were, but my sense was that Player B would be more appealing based on his stats. You make a good point about Parmelee needing to move up. On the other hand, trading Morneau or Parmelee would reduce the Twins' flexibility. If the Twins trade Parmelee, then they will have a problem if Morneau gets injured or if some team makes a great trade offer for Morneau. If the Twins trade Morneau, then they have a problem if Parmelee gets injured or is just not ready to perform at a high level. Although I agree with you that Parmelee would benefit from moving up, my personal preference would be to keep both Morneau and Parmelee unless some other team makes a very favorable trade offer involving at least 1 potential quality starter.
×
×
  • Create New...