Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

cHawk

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    3,662
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by cHawk

  1. Ober looks like a legitimately talented pitcher, unlike the three you mentioned.
  2. Ober is looking quite a bit better than expected. I’m pleasantly surprised.
  3. I think, at this point, we’d all much rather see Ryan or Duran in the rotation than Dobnak.
  4. *Ideal Offseason signing: Sergio Romo - 1 year, $3MM* Who would’ve thought that he was the best option last offseason? Lmfao.
  5. Why Refsnyder? He seems like solid depth. I agree with the other three tho.
  6. For a second I thought that this was Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy.
  7. Schoop would be nice to have, but he didn't really have a position in the starting lineup if they were viewing Arraez as a starter. If I was Schoop and I could pick between starting everyday for DET or being a backup for MIN, I'd take DET in a heartbeat. Cron would not be helping this team at all. He was awful in DET last year, and is posting a 110 OPS+ (For Coors that's average at best) this year. The Twins were never going to sign him and for, at the time, good reasons. Plus, once again, he wouldn't have a spot in the starting lineup on this team. Wade and Baddoo I can't argue with. Rosario? That's who we're making the argument for? There's a reason all 30 GMs in the MLB agreed that he wasn't worth his $10M price tag that the Twins would've had to pay by rule. He's (had) a decent bat, but he was bad defensively and ATROCIOUS on the bases. I think he has a Low Baseball IQ. And Corner Outfield was by far the place where the farm was most loaded, they weren't going to block Kirilloff with him. Littell I agree with. Romo is a washed up 38-yard junkballer who belongs on a team like Arizona. Gibson was hurt and horrid at the end of 2019 for the Twins. At the time I was in favor of letting him go. Trevor May would've been nice to bring back. Also, they probably should've chosen Hill over Happ. Ryne Harper, fine. Escobar was on an expiring deal and needed to be traded in 2018. Is the argument that they should've resigned him in 2019? Clippard hit the 60-Day IL before the season. The FO pretty clearly knew something we didn't.
  8. Yes, I agree. $25M is his market value. Still, he made it clear he wouldn’t sign here for that price.
  9. It doesn’t matter what the “overpay” threshold is. If it’s by definition, “not an overpay” why would Berrios consider it an overpay? Why would he stay because of something that is by definition “not an overpay?”
  10. Your argument could also support bringing Eddie Rosario back, claiming “that is the price for your young LF” for $10M. Which would’ve been a pretty unwise move. If you’re looking for a base for Berrios, look at someone like Lance McCullers. He’s paid $17M/year. That’s about how much someone like Berrios should make. Not $30M/year.
  11. The Top 10 Highest Paid SPs Right Now: 1. Gerrit Cole, $36M 2. Stephen Strasburg, $35M 3. Zack Greinke, $34.4M 4. Trevor Bauer, $34M 5. Justin Verlander, $33M 6. David Price, $31M (yikes!!) 7. Clayton Kershaw, $31M 8. Max Scherzer, $30M 9. Chris Sale, $29M 10. Jacob deGrom, $27.5M Those are the only guys who come close to making $30M/year. None of them are “young,” and Berrios isn’t as good as any of them. (Okay, maybe Price but as I implied, that contract is awful) You also talk about him as being “consistent” when he’s completely the opposite.
  12. Surprised they got something for Happ. That’s a W.
  13. Happ can go join Shoemaker, bring up someone from AAA.
  14. I think he should stay around in 2022. He seems to have found himself.
  15. This hurts. Not gonna lie
  16. Not sure if Rogers should be nominated. As I’ve been watching him, he hasn’t looked like the AL’s best reliever. I think it should go to Liam Hendricks.
  17. Do Balazovic and Duran not have #1/#2 potential?
  18. Don't remind me about that game this past year against the Colts...
  19. Concur. I'll say, "Not surprising."
  20. If you don't think a nucleus of Buxton, Sano, Berrios, Kepler, Rosario, Garver, Polanco etc was a nice situation to build around, I don't know what to tell you. It seemed like a pretty good place to be. Certainly a lot better than our current situation. Maybe, but half of those guys have been regressing mightily in their primes. All of them except Berrios have failed spectacularly in big games. Something tells me they were fools gold. Half of them have been bad since the 2019 playoffs. We weren't winning that series even if we addressed our rotation at the deadline. It may have seemed like a good place to be at the time, it's not looking like that rn. How do you know the situation we're in is horrible? Do you predict we're going to see Kirilloff, Larnach, Duran, Balazovic, Celestino, Gordon etc regress in their primes as well?
  21. Ober should. Dobnak and Jax should not
  22. The current FO hasn't shown much ability to find top of the rotation starters. Does Duran not count? They had a nucleus of top 100 prospects to build around. The Twins were coming off a total system failure season, with 90+ loss seasons in 5 of the past 6 years. Guys like Kepler, Sano, Polanco, and Rosario weren't "prospects" when they arrived. None of them were that good in the majors (outside of 2019). They are a fault of the previous regime. Outside of those four, Berrios, and Buxton, I don't see what "prospects" you're referring to that weren't in the minors and a few years away. More worrisome, they might not think they have to b/c they might just think baseball will evolve into 4-5 pitchers per game snoozefests. It's not just the Twins that do this. A lot of other teams do it. There's nothing inherently wrong with 4-5 pitchers per game if you do it right. They didn't do it right the past year, the offseason wasn't good, but one bad offseason isn't a fireable offense.
  23. great situation? WHAT? Why is their pitching pipeline "not likely to work out?" This is Year 4 of their development. The pipeline should start to pump this year. What do you see in their development that says that it "won't work out?"
×
×
  • Create New...