Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi folks - for the past couple of months, every article seems to "refresh" every few minutes, sending me back to the top of the page again and forcing me to scroll through the article and comments to get back to where I left off.  Especially frustrating when trying to read articles with pages of comments after....

I swear I am not hitting any links or keys or the red "top of page" triangle.  Are others having this happen?  It's only on my phone, not computer or iPad.  Is it me?  Do you dislike me?  Is it something I said?

Posted
23 minutes ago, South Dakota Tom said:

Hi folks - for the past couple of months, every article seems to "refresh" every few minutes, sending me back to the top of the page again and forcing me to scroll through the article and comments to get back to where I left off.  Especially frustrating when trying to read articles with pages of comments after....

I swear I am not hitting any links or keys or the red "top of page" triangle.  Are others having this happen?  It's only on my phone, not computer or iPad.  Is it me?  Do you dislike me?  Is it something I said?

What device and browser are you using? Be specific with the device model, that might help. 

Posted

I access TwinsDaily through Firefox (version 155.0) and using an iPhone 14, IOS 26.6.1... at least that's what settings tells me.  Thanks for reaching out.

 

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Brock - any suggestions?  It never stops happening and this is the only website where it happens.....

I am generally able to read the articles but once I scroll down to the comments, the page invariably resets.  Every article, every time.  Doesn't happen on my home or work computer or iPad, just phone.

Appreciate you folks and all you do.  '27 is gonna be our year!

Posted
11 minutes ago, South Dakota Tom said:

Brock - any suggestions?  It never stops happening and this is the only website where it happens.....

I am generally able to read the articles but once I scroll down to the comments, the page invariably resets.  Every article, every time.  Doesn't happen on my home or work computer or iPad, just phone.

Appreciate you folks and all you do.  '27 is gonna be our year!

Sorry, this dropped off my radar. I suspect this may be the device running out of memory. It's something I'm working on with the big redesign this winter; we need to reduce page load on mobile devices. In the meantime, try installing the site as a PWA. That SHOULD tell the device to free up more RAM to use. Here are instructions:

 

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...