-
Posts
4,552 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
News
Minnesota Twins Videos
2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking
2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits
Guides & Resources
2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
The Minnesota Twins Players Project
2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks
2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker
2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses
Forums
Blogs
Events
Store
Downloads
Gallery
Everything posted by Jeremy Nygaard
-
I thought you'd pick up the sarcasm dripping from that comment.
- 103 replies
-
- adam walker
- stephen gonsalves
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Those know-nothings at Baseball America had Walker at #17. Four spots behind Turner and nine spots ahead of Minier.
- 103 replies
-
- adam walker
- stephen gonsalves
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Start a clock when a player makes his full-season debut. If he's out of options before year 5, he get a 4th option year. Essentially, if you're added after your first full season, you get a 4th option year, if needed. That's why it really didn't matter that the Twins almost burned an option year on Arcia last year, then didn't... cause, regardless, he was getting an option year this year. Polanco and Kepler were both added after their first year in Cedar Rapids - so of course you add them - cause that next year (their first option year) essentially served as a redshirt year to their next three option years.
- 103 replies
-
- adam walker
- stephen gonsalves
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Very much the truth. Scouts saw very little improvement in his curveball between his sophomore and senior years in high school. That's what dropped him from the first round. The Twins belief (right or wrong) wasn't that he couldn't do it, but that he wasn't getting the proper coaching and that it would improve once he got in the system. I don't think it's progressed as quickly as hoped, but it's obviously far from over...
- 103 replies
-
- adam walker
- stephen gonsalves
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
You could probably start discussions with the Phillies if you include both Meyer and May. If you add in another Top 10 prospect (like Polanco), you might get the ball rolling. I'm still not sure that's enough. I'm also not sure I'd do it if I was the Twins.
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Says the guy that rated Buxton, MLB.com's #1 overall prospect, third in the Twins system? You're going to pick on Turner over Minier?
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
That's who Duffey was coming into last season. And early last season. It's this changeup that has him becoming a prospect. Ben Badler at BA did a write up on Duffey in mid-July calling what he saw a "plus changeup". He also said his curveball (Duffey's words) is actually a swing-and-miss slider. And had him clocked at 96, but worked 91-94. He then moved up to AAA and got 16(!) swinging strikes in his debut. Not to mention, increased his K/9 each month as he moved from high-A to AA to AAA. #BelieveInDuffey
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Of course Fryer will be on the 40-man by then... but neither he nor Pinto are "long-term" catchers. I don't expect Turner to put up huge offensive numbers either. But I'd still put him next in line to be the "primary" catcher.
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
But when Murphy rakes and gets promoted straight to the bigs, they're going to need another OF. Or, like I said, someone gets hurt... Vielma wasn't supposed to get his shot at Low-A last year... and then he did and ran with it.
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hypothetical: If Turner has .280/.350/.425 first half in Chattanooga and Suzuki gets injured and needs to miss significant time, is Turner the guy that comes up?
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
He's a guy that I could seen getting a chance in Cedar Rapids due to injury and never looking back. The only downside with him is how limited he'll be defensively.
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Duffey and Reed are overshadowed in this organization. In any other system, these are top 10 guys with huge expectations.
- 57 replies
-
- tyler duffey
- jake reed
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Get to Know: OF Max Murphy
Jeremy Nygaard replied to Seth Stohs's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Scouts for other organizations that got a look at him in E-town admitted that a lot of teams missed on him and he should have been a Top 5 round pick. Of course, he was killing it during that stint. -
Overheard, but not confirmed, when we walked by Terry Ryan and Brad Steil, "Hey, Seth, we're thinking about making a move. There are some guys we want to ask you about..." (I'm obviously kidding... or am I?)
- 8 replies
-
- jose berrios
- torii hunter
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I don't think that's necessarily true. If they're going to be on the Opening Day roster, that month costs nothing. If they aren't going to be on the Opening Day roster, they spend April and May down anyway. The cost could be in regards to arbitration, but the Twins have said they don't consider that... which they probably should with these guys.
-
As much as I hope it's May, I feel like it's going to be Milone out of ST. I think it's more likely that May ends up in AAA than Milone. I don't mind the idea of May and/or Meyer in the bullpen, but I also like the thought of having them stretched out when someone's needed. I also didn't see how Gibson would start the season in the rotation last year and that happened.
-
Article: Projecting Payroll: 2015
Jeremy Nygaard replied to Jeremy Nygaard's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Two arb-eligible players to go... I'm pretty happy with my projections thus far. -
Article: Rocking The Boat?
Jeremy Nygaard replied to Parker Hageman's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
#Leadership -
Article: Sano Ain't Harmon
Jeremy Nygaard replied to Jeremy Nygaard's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Not sure how balls would work. I send an 8×10, SASE and marker. Some send it back, some don't.- 38 replies
-
- miguel sano
- harmon killebrew
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Sano Ain't Harmon
Jeremy Nygaard replied to Jeremy Nygaard's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
Shame on me for comparing the autographs of the greatest home run hitter in Twins history and the autograph of the prospect with the most raw power the Twins have had in Twins history. By the way, two players... one was 22 and had 17 home runs in 86 AA games, the other was 20 and 19 home runs in 67 AA games. Any guesses? Not unfair at all to compare their power.- 38 replies
-
- miguel sano
- harmon killebrew
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Sano Ain't Harmon
Jeremy Nygaard replied to Jeremy Nygaard's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
You have 15 signatures on one ball? You're the hound.- 38 replies
-
- miguel sano
- harmon killebrew
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Article: Sano Ain't Harmon
Jeremy Nygaard replied to Jeremy Nygaard's topic in Twins Daily Front Page News
I'd stand in line for the Down on the Farm at TwinsFest at the Metrodome, if the wait was reasonable. But there's a big gap between me and the guys that have binders full of stuff to sign.- 38 replies
-
- miguel sano
- harmon killebrew
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Not long ago, Baseball America rated Miguel Sano as a Top 3 prospect in all of baseball. Not long ago, Miguel Sano was the star of a documentary about baseball in the Dominican. Not long ago, Miguel Sano was the "Next Big Thing" with power comparable to Harmon Killebrew. But you know what? Miguel Sano ain't Harmon Killebrew.I'm not talking about the light-tower power that Killebrew had. Sano has that. I'm not talking about the ability to be the face of the franchise that Killebrew had. Sano has that too. I'm talking about something that Torii Hunter, Michael Cuddyer and Justin Morneau have talked about. I'm talking about autographs. Legible autographs. Killebrew's was beautiful. Download attachment: killerauto.jpg Sano's on the other hand... I've never been an "autograph hound", but I've always enjoyed collecting them and displaying them in my basement. My first Sano autograph came as a result of sending an 8x10 to Fort Myers in the spring of 2012. It was a picture of a skinny Sano in his Elizabethton jersey. The signature was such a scribbly mess that he had to label it "SANO" in case I couldn't remember who he was. The signature certainly wasn't going to help. Download attachment: 20141229_125017-1.jpg I also purchased an autographed Sano on eBay around that same time. Another very narrow signature that doesn't resemble his actual name. Download attachment: 20141229_125135-1.jpg When Spring Training 2013 rolled around, I decided to send another 8x10 to Fort Myers, this time Sano was featured in his Snappers jersey. He again responded (very quickly) and this signature was much different but hardly improved. Download attachment: 20141229_125032-1.jpg As TwinsFest approached last January, I decided to bring a Baseball America magazine to have Sano sign. Fourth signature, fourth variation. Download attachment: 20141229_125116.jpg I recently purchased another Sano auto and, shockingly, it looks very similar to the last signature. Of course, it was probably signed at a similar time as the one I got at TwinsFest. Download attachment: 20141229_125146-1.jpg The thing that remains in common with all of these examples - and every other signature that Sano has done? Not a single one looks anything like his name. Harmon would not be impressed. On the bright side, though, at least Hunter is back to teach a lesson or two to the kids. He should start with Sano and fixing his signature. Click here to view the article
- 38 replies
-
- miguel sano
- harmon killebrew
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:

