Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LaBombo

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    9,171
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    49

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LaBombo

  1. You know it's bad when the water's not even beading.
  2. Thanks, you too! The Twins' off season was so intense that I had to breathe into a paper bag for a few... months, but I'm ok now. Thank goodness it was the Twins who score when I showed up, or I might have been forced into another month or two of hibernation.
  3. Agreed. The heavy jinxing won't come down for quite a while...
  4. The commuter cannon at work is down, so I had to drive home. What did I miss? http://www.universalexports.net/Movies/Graphics/13-images/graydon.jpg
  5. Yep. It seems like Garver's faint whiff of upside will probably land him in Rochester, with the backup job ideally going to Murphy unless his bat turns to sawdust again. On the other hand, with very little apparently at stake here for either this season or the future, and catchers being renowned for their athleticism the way they are, I'm totally down with this battle being decided on a special journeyman catcher episode of 'Takeshi's Castle'... http://i.imgur.com/FYEq2ML.gif
  6. Punto with that head first slide, Nishi's compound break. Tommy Herr was such a d*^che, West was a mistake. Daaaavid West.... Daaavid West. Just give him the ball. David would walk in a run, Summer... Spring... or Faaaaall.
  7. Not to be confused with Guy Randome, the French expatriate and former giant slalom and Alpine ski racer, now living quietly and operating a modestly successful if somewhat eccentric lawn care business somewhere in America's Rust Belt...
  8. The Minnesota Twins have not produced a single season with a positive run differential since their inaugural one in Target Field, despite having greater revenue there than at any other time since their inception. They just set the franchise record for losses in a season, accruing nine more than the next-worst team in the majors. Calling criticism of their failures a "rant" is like calling a raised hand at a city council meeting an "outburst".
  9. Brian Duensing just pitched in a late/close situation in a postseason game. http://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/ActorsA/348-17129.gif "Oh, my Holy God..." Unless the Twins' minor league system has been vastly overrated the past few years, it would seem that there's been an ongoing failure to turn talented minor league players into productive major league players, especially the pitchers. The development side deserves some blame, because while Twins prospects have generally not been rushed, they often appear rougher around the edges with respect to fundamentals than rookies should. That said, it's hard to see how the Twins could put together such a terrible season without there being serious problems with the way the staff prepares and utilizes its young players, as well as veterans like Duensing too. I admire Molitor the player and person, I like his staff, and I don't think they were incompetent. But I don't know how a franchise that has under-performed so badly for so long can bring in a new guy from outside to run baseball operations, and then give him an eraser instead of a clean whiteboard to draw up 2017 and beyond.
  10. Also of note is that the rest of Major League Baseball has respected the Twins' record-setting 103 loss season and let them have the awfulness spotlight all to themselves. No other team has more than 93 losses.
  11. It's official! http://www.southworth.com/shop/swatches/popups_gold_s2.jpg Worst. Season. Ever.
  12. It's the one situation we know where he's not going to give the bunt sign.
  13. http://thestrategyguysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/football-punt1.png
  14. That's not until the Renaissance Festival is over. My centaur gig comes before all other pursuits. http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/24/56/36/5433276/3/920x920.jpg
  15. As much fun as Dozier's improbable 42 homers have been, and much as I enjoy the kids learning the game and showing flashes of their potential, I'm getting pretty close to the point where I have about as much invested in watching the Twins as Will and the boys have watching a random little league game. http://blogwillhunting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/gwh_baseball_spectators.jpg
  16. Yeah, >100 losses and Morneau at the plate is as close to rooting for a White Sock as I'm ever likely to get. Might as well, cause with this pitching he's probably gonna crush the ball whether I'm pulling for him or not.
  17. Heh. He is the Intentional Walk Ninja, striking swiftly and silently...
  18. Ok, ok, get it out of your system now, because in a couple of months that same comment is going to spark a spontaneous mass TD road trip to find your place and crash in your living room.
  19. Speaking only for myself, I will say that yours is the most charitable appraisal of the act watching this dreadful team of any that I can either recall or imagine.
  20. Snow day for grown ups, but with t-shirt/shorts weather. Well done.
  21. Oof. Been there several times but didn't realize just how wee the wee hours are that they serve into. My best shot at being out at 3am is waking up then to go to the bathroom and suddenly deciding I want to use a dirty, busy one with 'personal product' vending machines on the wall.
  22. I hope they said 'No, thank you!" Gotta stay on his good side.
  23. Twins' hot bats forcing Rodon to work outside the zone and throw the wild pitch! I smell a comeback! Ok, maybe it's not a comeback, but I definitely smell something baseball-related.
×
×
  • Create New...