There are probably posters who are either impressed or appalled (or possibly both simultaneously) by the revelation that you still listen to what your wife is saying.
The 2 a.m. infomercial clearly stated that the next 10 franchises to call could double their order of washed up simulated vintage relievers and pay only the extra shipping and handling, so I'm not sure how we could fault them.
Tim Wakefield isn't doing anything terribly important when he's not color commentarying for Baahhston, and Garver has the shifty look of a knuckleballer to me.
Funny you should mention that, since there was recently a rumor that Jason Marquis was seen reconstituting near the employee break room at Target Field... http://www.oafe.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/t2d.jpg
Man, can they hypnotize these guys into thinking they're on the road when they come back to Target? And I can't help but think of how bad last year got when I imagine Giants fans going from breathing a sigh of relief as Santana came to the plate with two outs to then debating the merits of throwing their televisions out the window.
Not sure, but I'd be willing to bet that one of the ten lowest totals was set while pitching against the hacktastic Loserville Twins teams of the mid-to-late '90s.
Agreed. Have a close friend from high school who lives there and every time I've been out to see him over the past 20 years he's always surprised me with his knowledge of the remarkable experiences the greater San Diego area has to offer...
And when you visit, don't forget to set aside a late night, early morning, and some bail/bribe money to broaden your cultural horizons across the border!
Without my being able to resort to random .gifs to distract from my appalling lack of knowledge of hardcore baseball strategy, it would be sort of like having Harpo Marx on the radio. Sight gags only work during booth shots.
I imagine my random utterances being greeted much like Dick prodding gingerly at the guy who grabbed Pujols' 600th home run as if he were an extraterrestrial who wandered into the booth.