Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

LaBombo

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    9,171
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    49

 Content Type 

Profiles

News

Minnesota Twins Videos

2026 Minnesota Twins Top Prospects Ranking

2022 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

Minnesota Twins Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2023 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

The Minnesota Twins Players Project

2024 Minnesota Twins Draft Picks

2025 Minnesota Twins Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Minnesota Twins Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by LaBombo

  1. Well, now I've got that in reserve in case I come up empty at my bedtime gratitude exercise.
  2. Reluctantly agree with the idea that Nolasco had still had value, although arguably not to the Twins. His game log shows what is probably his greatest asset at the moment. He went 6 innings or more in two thirds of his starts, and only went fewer than 5 innings twice in 21 starts. Everything else aside, a starter who pitches more innings than the bullpen almost every time out still helps most teams on some level.
  3. And also the ideal college girlfriend, apparently.
  4. There's no way to know what Ryan would have done. And yet somehow I agree with this completely.
  5. Because Drew Butera something something something. I'm not taking sides. I just know that whenever/however Suzuki leaves the Twins, I'm going to miss making motorcycle sounds as he rounds the bases
  6. . If I were less than 110%* certain that you didn't hate nicksa, I wouldn't have said a thing. * 110 percent means still 100% certainty even when adjusted for offense-friendly PCL park factors.
  7. Just to clarify, by liking your post I'm not liking your hating nicksaviking, or hating nicksaviking in general. It's really just more of an expression of the sense of relief that I feel when I see that there are other people like me who, after 5+ seasons of Twins suckdom, are also wary that the silver lining in any move by the Twins could turn out to be mercury instead.
  8. But where's the fun in that kind of linear thinking? One of the first events in the Twins GM Search Challenge should be assembling a functional catching battery out of the body parts of AAAA catching prospects!
  9. I'm about as big of a Nolasco non-fan as there is. But if the 'I'm not limited by money' story line that Ryan often relied on were true, then Nolasco's exit was always just a DFA away; no need to give up anything. This trade may be a net plus if Santiago > Meyer (which seems very possible with Meyer's shoulder issue), but otherwise it's mostly just a Pohlad pocket protector until they're more forthcoming about the true nature of Twins payroll constraints.
  10. 'He is compared to 90% of the guys the Twins have run out there the last 5 years' is probably the underlying thought there. That said, I was hoping the Twins would shop him at least one notch more aggressively than 'have to be blown away by an offer'
  11. Maybe they can bring back Gardenhire as a bench coach/good luck charm, given his run of success vs the Yanks...
  12. Wow. That would be a quick turnaround for any franchise, but especially one who almost always travels in the opposite direction on the veteran <=> prospect highway.
  13. We played Korn at the company picnic... http://metamansion.com/wp-content/uploads/images/Korn_12240.jpg
  14. But the Muzak version makes for great grocery shopping.
  15. fwiw, to no one's surprise the Twins were among Lucroy's no-no's and one other potential trade piece as well...
  16. Billy Joel does not like this post http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bd6xxWdZdxo/SxSQZxjnexI/AAAAAAAAF58/gHWPwcRVj64/s1600/billy_joel.jpg
  17. I think I'd rather see the Twins gamble on Hutchinson's age 26 and 27 seasons than Ervin's age 34 and 35, despite BProp's scathing review of his 2015. But Santana is the least imperative trade piece in my book.
  18. I agree with what the Twins did, I agree that we agree, and I'm hoping they sort out his control so that next season we can watch the Charge-wah of the Light Brigade. PS "Seeing's the most important thing!"
  19. It would be interesting to know if Light just can't find the strike zone in general at times, or if it's his breaking stuff that's the primary culprit. If he's been dominating with his fastball, a good developmental system would urge him to work on his other pitches more and that might contribute to the high walk rate.
  20. Yup. The more solid hand he can pass on to the new GM, the better.
  21. You're absolutely right that he's not serviceable as is, but I'd rather see the Twins take the chance that a guy like Light learns control, rather than the chance that a control guy learns how to miss bats. The Twins seem to have taken the latter approach about as far as it can go.
  22. That's my hope as well. If the Twins' minor league system is as strong as we've been hearing, one B+ prospect is better than two B- 's.
  23. Undressing you with their eyes, or dressing you with stuff they bought at Home Depot? http://media.salon.com/2015/05/nine_to_five.jpg
  24. Thank goodness. I was worried that it was just me being cynical when that occurred to me too.
×
×
  • Create New...