Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

is no news good news

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 12,894 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:40 PM

been a full 24 hours now, since the team, mlb, or any of the team's beat writers have shared any news or updates on the Twins Covid-19 situation.

He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#2 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

out to lunch

• 10,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:48 PM

I been wondering the same.

It could be...

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#3 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

out to lunch

• 10,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:11 PM

mlb seems to think Shoemaker is pitching the first game tomorrow, but otherwise knows nothing else about either game (well, maybe game time... and location)

#4 spycake

spycake

• 18,817 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:44 PM

• tarheeltwinsfan likes this

#5 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

out to lunch

• 10,908 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:49 PM

https://www.mlbtrade...-postponed.html

So says a Rosenthal tweet, per mlbtraderumors, and says we are on track for tomorrows games.

(i always wondered whether people were saying untracked or on-tracked...)

but all that is news, which means we have wandered off topic, and must find another example to consider to answer the question in this topics subject.

• Danchat and Hosken Bombo Disco like this

#6 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 12,894 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:09 PM

... and must find another example to consider to answer the question in this topics subject.

Team with Terrible Bullpen Changes 9-Inning Games to 7-Inning Games

- The Onion

:)
  • ashbury, Cap'n Piranha, Joe A. Preusser and 3 others like this
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#7 JustinCB

JustinCB

• 239 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:55 PM

If any team needed a few unplanned games away from baseball, it was this team. I was getting ill watching them.

#8 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

out to lunch

• 10,908 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:56 AM

- The Onion

I don't read the Onion enough...

I also missed my chance to proclaim my '80s heritage by pointing out the current lack of Gary Gnu in these proceedings.

Now he is present in the discussion, the answer is definitve yes.

#9 MMMordabito

MMMordabito

Fort Walton Beach Jets

• 1,636 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:01 AM

Rocco's probably too busy getting his thoughts together about the Chauvin trial. The Falvinelli 2000 has already spit out the Covid test results plus the lineups, allowed pitch counts, bullpen moves and players in need of coddling for both games today.

• In My La-Z-boy likes this

#10 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 12,894 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:06 AM

Rocco's probably too busy getting his thoughts together about the Chauvin trial.The Falvinelli 2000 has already spit out the Covid test results plus the lineups, allowed pitch counts, bullpen moves and players in need of coddling for both games today.

yeah yeah we get it :)
- J. L. Borges

#11 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan for life!

• 26,767 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:28 AM

- The Onion

"... and then removes the starting pitcher after 3.1 clean innings anyway."

• Cap'n Piranha, Hosken Bombo Disco and MMMordabito like this

You live and learn. At any rate, you live. -- Douglas Adams

#12 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

out to lunch

• 10,908 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:39 AM

"... and then removes the starting pitcher after 3.1 clean innings anyway."

Gotta keep your bullpen on their toes. Who knows when they'll be called upon to protect a lead...

• ashbury likes this

#13 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

out to lunch

• 10,908 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:05 AM

Look what i found. Isn't the internet grand?

• Puckett34 and MMMordabito like this

#14 puckstopper1

puckstopper1

• 670 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:01 AM

The Twins were cleared to play two today with the A's and traveled to Oakland yesterday according to Do-Hyoung Park.

https://www.mlb.com/...-covid-19-tests

No news on any roster moves.

That Twins 2nd baseman - #29 - he doesn't run, he "ca-rew-zes" - Earl Weaver

#15 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:12 AM

Since it's a DH, I assume they get a 27th man.As they've already announced the starters (according to what I saw on ESPN this morning), I have to wonder if it will be AK again.

#16 denarded

denarded

• 305 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:54 AM

Double Header in Oakland today beginning 5pmCST

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this
Wikipedia is for suckers

#17 twinbythebay

twinbythebay

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 361 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:23 AM

Since it's a DH, I assume they get a 27th man.As they've already announced the starters (according to what I saw on ESPN this morning), I have to wonder if it will be AK again.

I thought I read that AK was not on the taxi squad, so I don't know about that. I guess whoever they pick for the 27th man will depend on who else besides Garlick is going to the COVID IL.

#18 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:05 PM

I thought I read that AK was not on the taxi squad, so I don't know about that. I guess whoever they pick for the 27th man will depend on who else besides Garlick is going to the COVID IL.

I mean, they called him up for the DH last Wednesday--I would be surprised if upon sending him back down they also took him off the taxi squad.If he is indeed not on the taxi squad, then possibly 27th men don't need to be on the taxi squad?I suppose stranger things than jettisoning your top-prospect-that-you-may-have-called-up-this-week-anyways from the taxi squad have happened, I would just be surprised.

#19 twinbythebay

twinbythebay

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 361 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 20 April 2021 - 02:59 PM

I mean, they called him up for the DH last Wednesday--I would be surprised if upon sending him back down they also took him off the taxi squad.If he is indeed not on the taxi squad, then possibly 27th men don't need to be on the taxi squad?I suppose stranger things than jettisoning your top-prospect-that-you-may-have-called-up-this-week-anyways from the taxi squad have happened, I would just be surprised.

I think the location of the game is also a factor. I don't know if Kirilloff was ever on the taxi squad. I think they may have just called him up for last week's DH because they were at home and Kirilloff was just in St. Paul, whereas calling him up today would require him flying out here for the day, which I'm not even sure is allowed due to COVID protocols.

• Cap'n Piranha likes this

#20 Number3

Number3

Wichita Wind Surge

• 573 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 08:57 AM

No runs is bad news. Doubleheader shutout sweep. Doesn't get any worse than that. Sano line is .100 putting Mendoza to shame. It really does seem like this is just a very poor hitting team with no end in sight. One possible saving grace is that pitching does seem to dominate league wide and most games are low scoring. One minor league even considering moving the mound back 1.5 feet to give hitters a better chance. When a team relies on home runs for most of its scoring and doesn't hit home runs........