Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Joe Benson And The Twins' Hitting Philosophy

joe benson carlos gomez bryon buxton byung ho park
  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Parker Hageman

Parker Hageman

Owner

• Owner
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:58 PM

Hence the crux of my initial contention that the thought of Valencia having had some sort of "career" type year is/was a bit overblown.

I'm not sure what you are missing here. Valencia, by his standards, had a career year. The statement was not that he suddenly became a hot commodity in the league. Move on.

• Mike Sixel and jokin like this

"You spend a good piece of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time." -- Jim Bouton, "Ball Four"

#42 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

All in all, a good season.

• 1,960 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

By the way, reading this article this morning and then watching Byung-ho Park say during the press conference that he's planning on making some adjustments to his swing made me worry. Of course it's normal, but what kind of adjustments will those be?

Kang hit 4 home runs in 2015 from April through June. (with a .262 BA)

He hit 11 more the rest of the season. (with a .307 BA)

He said that he was being patient and trying to learn MLB pitching before he got too aggressive. 

I hope very much that Park takes the same approach that Kang did. I hope even more that he gets similar results. In Korea, Kang was good. Park was better.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet just because it has a name or a photo you recognize.

- Abraham Lincoln

#43 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 16,477 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

I went on vacation after Thanksgiving and missed this masterpiece.Another gem Parker, thanks for the read and insight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: joe benson, carlos gomez, bryon buxton, byung ho park