Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs Blue Jays 6:10pm cdt 8/6/2022 ad


1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Hey ... everyone was complaining about Bundy going today, assuming a quick loss ... let's see what we've got before we worry about tomorrow, you might be surprised :) 

I will take the win, but he did only go 4 innings. And we all know Archer is going no more than 4 tomorrow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Community Leader

Great win! Love Rocco using his big guns out of the pen again tonight to lock down the W. Archer and Sands piggy back tomorrow means you hopefully only need a couple innings from the single inning guys and there's an off day Monday so the big guns are all lined up again to be deployed as needed starting Tuesday. Archer and Sands isn't extremely confidence inducing, but if Archer gives his usual 4 innings and 1 run without having to go back out for his typical blowup in the 5th you hope Sands can give you 3 without blowing up in any inning and you've got a chance to take 3 in a row from a playoff team. Twins looked good today. Fun to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chpettit19 said:

Great win! Love Rocco using his big guns out of the pen again tonight to lock down the W. Archer and Sands piggy back tomorrow means you hopefully only need a couple innings from the single inning guys and there's an off day Monday so the big guns are all lined up again to be deployed as needed starting Tuesday. Archer and Sands isn't extremely confidence inducing, but if Archer gives his usual 4 innings and 1 run without having to go back out for his typical blowup in the 5th you hope Sands can give you 3 without blowing up in any inning and you've got a chance to take 3 in a row from a playoff team. Twins looked good today. Fun to see.

the Sands part is very positive, haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mnfireman said:

I will take the win, but he did only go 4 innings. And we all know Archer is going no more than 4 tomorrow. 

And, your point being? We won tonight ... most assumed we'd lose. But I get it, gonna be another game dependent on the BP and many arms won't be available to us tomorrow ... still ... can we please not play it like it's all doom before the game is even played? A lot did that today and now they all have egg on their faces and get to eat crow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Community Leader
Just now, TWTwinsFan said:

Bundy and Archer should responsible for one game

bullpen were tortured when they starting

I'm guessing Sands will back Archer until he's sent back down. If you pair Bundy and Archer who is starting the other game? Twins don't exactly have a ton of starters kicking in the door to take either of their jobs right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
7 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Hey ... everyone was complaining about Bundy going today, assuming a quick loss ... let's see what we've got before we worry about tomorrow, you might be surprised :) 

I might have said we will need a couple of touchdowns.  I asked for insurance runs today and we got them.  Tomorrow I want two touchdowns worth of runs (with the two-point conversions.)  

 

I promise to not be all doom and gloom when Pagan comes in to hold that 4-run lead...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

And, your point being? We won tonight ... most assumed we'd lose. But I get it, gonna be another game dependent on the BP and many arms won't be available to us tomorrow ... still ... can we please not play it like it's all doom before the game is even played? A lot did that today and now they all have egg on their faces and get to eat crow

Well put, Squirrel!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verified Member
32 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

I've always hated when a runner takes a base and they say, it doesn't matter.  Anytime you remove a defensive force possibility at a particular base, I would care.  Multiple scenarios where a defender could field a ball, not be able to make a good throw to first and not have the option (fileder's choice) at second.

Agreed, it's a game of inches 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...