Twins Daily
  • Create Account

What are you even doing here, you dork? Go home already.

Happy 2022 to every person in the Twins Daily community!

Yes, we all bicker, debate, waffle, argue, and steamroll each others' opinions. But now is the time to step back, take a breath, and acknowledge just how much we share in common with one another and how much we care. 

We've all shared arguments, bickering, animosity, and grief amongst us.

So maybe instead of focusing on all those things, let us take a moment to celebrate the fantastic thing we've all come together to create here, if only for a moment.

Happy 2022, each and every one of you!

And I hope every single one of you is back in 2022 to tell me how much I was wrong about Lewis Thorpe... again... going back all the way to 2014.

9 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Yes, we all bicker, debate, waffle, argue, and steamroll each others' opinions. But now is the time to step back, take a breath, and acknowledge just how much we share in common with one another and how much we care. 

So maybe instead of focusing on all those things, let us take a moment to celebrate the fantastic thing we've all come together to create here, if only for a moment.

And I hope every single one of you is back in 2022 to tell me how much I was wrong about Lewis Thorpe... again... going back all the way to 2014.

for all of us who put bartender’s kids through college in the late 90s/early aughts

thanks to you all, for your insights, experiences, thoughts, opinions, research, analysis, goofiness and humor

Community Moderator

Happy New Year, everyone.

Special thanks to the owners of this place. Without their vision and hard work we wouldn't have this tremendous resource for Twins fans.

Special to Brock; don't give being spectacularly wrong about Thorpe a second thought.

That's not even in your "top ten" of wrongness.

Verified Member
11 hours ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Never know you still might be right about Thorpe!

Verified Member

Thanks for the meaningful comment, Brock.

Unfortunately, many of us are looking at a 2022 season where we again won't be able to watch our Twins on television.  That is if there is a season.  So yes, I expect like most here I appreciate your comments.  But?

Happy New Year.  Hoping that a professional sport other than hockey is played at Target Field this year.  My favored scenario: The virus wanes in January (just saw a talking head epidemiologist saying it will peak this month) - MLB and the players settle their differences by February 10, 2022, Twins sign a number one SP and take a flyer on another lesser SP, Twins sign a good one year Shortstop - and then play ball (never bringing back the dance off or the That’s How We Baseball slogan).  

Community Leader
On 1/1/2022 at 9:41 AM, USAFChief said:

Happy New Year, everyone.

Special thanks to the owners of this place. Without their vision and hard work we wouldn't have this tremendous resource for Twins fans.

Special to Brock; don't give being spectacularly wrong about Thorpe a second thought.

That's not even in your "top ten" of wrongness.

tumblr_6a8bf5ef8b272094a93c5dac9ad33727_725c5a86_400.gif

On 1/1/2022 at 12:05 PM, Linus said:

Never know you still might be right about Thorpe!

Yeah... he's what 25? Way too soon to give up on him. We can all be wrong together on this one. I still think he could have a bright future.