Twins Daily
  • Create Account

2021-22 Offseason Twins Transactions

lecroy24fan

A bunch of minor league guys have declared their free agency.

AAA: B.J. Boyd, BEAU BURROWS, Vinny Nittoli, ROB REFSNYDER, NICK VINCENT, Joe Harvey, Robinson Leyer, Jason Garcia,  Sherman Johnson, Chris Nunn, DREW MAGGI, TOMAS TELIS, Damek Tomscha, TZU-WEI LIN,.

From AA: AARON WHITEFIELD, Hector Lujan, Leobaldo Cabrera, D.J. Burt, Eric Manoah Jr., Mitchell Osnowitz, Adam Bray, Trey Cabbage, Sean Gilmartin, Adam Lau.

From Cedar Rapids: Tyler Watson, Carlos Suniaga, Jonathan Cheshire, Matt Mullenbach, Brecklin Williams.

From Low-A Ft. Myers: Ramon Pineda (related to Mike), Zaquill Puentes, Orlando Rodriguez, Justin Washington, Bobby Milacki.

• 2 weeks later...

Moves before today's 40 man roster deadline:

DFA'd:

Willians Astudillo,

Charlie Barnes

Cleared waivers:

Devin Smeltzer

Kyle Garlick

Added to 40 man roster:

Royce Lewis

Jose miranda

Blayne Enlow

Cole Sands

Chris Vallimont

Josh Winder

re-signed:

Jake Cave (1 year, $800k

7 minutes ago, jorgenswest said:

I suppose they could have waited until now to pass him through but the Rangers could have played the same claim and waive game.

Although the Rangers (or any other team) would have had one less spot to protect a Rule 5 eligible minor leaguer by claiming Colina off waivers today, as today was the deadline to add minor leaguers for Rule 5 protection.

11 hours ago, jorgenswest said:

I suppose they could have waited until now to pass him through but the Rangers could have played the same claim and waive game.

Actually on second thought, it appears the Rangers still have 3 open spots on their 40-man, so they could have claimed Colina just as easily now as they did in October, then waived him again themselves before the Rule 5 draft if they wanted to clear that spot.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:57 AM, puckstopper1 said:

The Rangers picked up Colina, so it is like an unofficial trade of Colina for Cotton.

Anyone else notice how many ex-Twins are now free agents.  My current tally is 28 and I'm sure I'm missing a few.

(Barraclough, Vincent, Gibault, Farrell, Albers, Colome, Gant, Clippard, Adrianza, Rosario, Robles, Abad, D. Santana, Ramos, Gonzales, E. Santana, Suzuki, Escobar, Pineada, Simmons, Cruz, Hill, Romo, Happ, Santiago, Avila, Refsnyder, Burroughs)

Seems like more than usual.

Anyone on this list that you would be interested in the Twins reuniting with?

Adrianza would interesting as a middle infield bench guy?

10 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

Geez. this thread is dead 🙄.

I like the part where you can almost hear St. Peter's butt clench up tight when asked about whether "rebuild was in the Twins vocabulary." Laughs don't get much more awkward than that!

Not "rebuild"..."restore."

Ell oh ell.

• 1 month later...