Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins vs. Blue Jays 9/23 6:40 PM CT

Sconnie

It’s like De Ja Vu all over again. In the second series the Twins have played against the Blue Jays in a week and my second game thread introduction in a week (and this season), the Blue Jays are still in a must win situation as they are still in a dead heat with the Yankees (Yankees have +.5 game lead) for the second AL Wild Card.

With the NL Wild Card race pretty much decided and the Yankees having an off day today, there is only one consequential game being played this evening. Were this the NFL, this game would be bumped to national coverage in prime time. Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth would be in the broadcast booth, and there might be the alternate broadcast team, maybe a pair of retired players being simulcast just talking ball on their couch. Make no mistake, all eyes would be watching this game. The stakes are huge and with 10 games to go, and only one three game series head-to-head between the Blue Jays and Yankees, the Jays need a series victory against the Twins, and a win tonight would bring them even for the second AL wildcard.

Alas, this is not the NFL, and there is no central broadcast. The RSNs rule the MLB broadcasts and only Twins and Blue Jays viewership areas will have traditional cable access. Fans can subscribe for out of market streaming, the diehards can find a way to watch, but would have to make a significant effort to go out of their way to put eyeballs on this game. Twins vs. Blue Jays will not get the full court press that it might get with different management.

I am still rooting for the Blue Jays in the post season. They are young and exciting, and it’s easy to cheer for Vlad and our old friend Jose Berrios, but not tonight. Tonight, I’ll be rooting for our Twins as Michael Pineda takes the mound vs. Steven Matz.

Lineups: TBD

The replay favored the Twins, I’m happy for the outcome, but man I hate that replay. It was bang-bang and the runner was out by an inch, for all intents and purposes that’s a tie

5 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

CB approves (i assume... been a while, though)

And it means i don't get to ask "what i miss?" 

August of 2020 according to my search. I hope Circus Boy is doing well. It’s been more than a year.

2 minutes ago, downunder twins fan said:

No worries, I was referring to two doubles to start the game, your writing is great. 

I knew what you meant. Just joking, because the two doubles was the second inning. First inning was 7 pitches, quite efficient, so it must have been my writing ;)

Featured Video