Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Best current Twins Jersey

RedneckRay

My favorite jersey does not currently exist. The best home uniform, which should be worn 81 times every regular season, is the cream pinstripes of the original team except that the very ugly 1960's script would be supplanted by the 2010-vintage "Twins" script that is currently used on the white pajama home uniforms.

For me, it’s easily the navy blues. I think the gold is a prefect addition to them. Then would be the Friday night reds, then home whites, and in last place the powder blues. I get it’s a throwback, but it’s just too much for me. Maybe pick two or three games to wear them each year, but I’d rather have the cream pinstripes back as an alternate! As for road jerseys, I don’t really have a preference. Both look clean and crisp to me.

1 hour ago, Nine of twelve said:

My favorite jersey does not currently exist. The best home uniform, which should be worn 81 times every regular season, is the cream pinstripes of the original team except that the very ugly 1960's script would be supplanted by the 2010-vintage "Twins" script that is currently used on the white pajama home uniforms.

That. And for roads, I like the gray from the early 70s, maybe if you deemphasize the softball uniform elements.  See Kaat and Killebrew cards at https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/best-twins-baseball-cards

I'm a big fan of the powder blues. I'm too young to see them as a throwback, they seem fresh to me. I dislike the red because I think it feels the least Twins-y.

The dumbest hill I'm prepared to die on is that I truly believe it would be beneficial if all the MLB teams coordinated with each other to change their colors to stand out from each other. I think the Twins look great in a vacuum, but there are far too many red white and blue teams out there. Take a look at this chart. They all look the same aside from a handful of more adventurous expansion teams like the Mariners, Diamondbacks, Rockies, etc... How did we ever get to thirty teams with only one green team???

MLBcolors.jpg

Just now, VivaBomboRivera! said:

Who else besides me did not know that the starting pitchers pick the days colors?  How long have I been following this ball club?

😳

Yeah ... I found that tidbit interesting in the linked article

It's the home whites for me. When I read the article, I felt like Griffin Jax said exactly what I was thinking. I really like white uniforms in all sports, not only baseball. They just look so clean and in regard to uniforms, I am also a bit of a tradionalist, I guess.

I also like the cream pinstripe uniforms but for some reason pinstripe uniforms only look good to me when players are wearing their socks high. Too much of a pajama look otherwise. But that's probably just me being weird.

23 hours ago, Nine of twelve said:

Wait, I was agreeing with you all the way until you insulted the old “Twins” script.  I love it.  For some reason, I always picture Jim Perry in that uniform.  

21 hours ago, annismark said:

That. And for roads, I like the gray from the early 70s, maybe if you deemphasize the softball uniform elements.  See Kaat and Killebrew cards at https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/best-twins-baseball-cards

Those grays were really short-lived, I believe.  I think the Twins switched to baby blues on the road, and white pajama style at home.

34 minutes ago, Unwinder said:

For the record, I looked up the cream pinstripe uniforms some of you guys are talking about, and I think they look really good. I'm sold.

I would love to just add those to the uniform set, but it’d be too many. In my opinion, those come back and the baby blues go away. I know everyone loves them, but it’s just too much blue for me,

13 hours ago, VivaBomboRivera! said:

The only player's face I can see in those rags is that of Ron Davis.  Gag me with a spoon.

Yes, I know there’s some nostalgia associated with the baby blues (the young Hrbie and Kirby, etc.) but, overall, there are too many really bad, sad memories that come along with them.  Someone once listed them all in a previous thread.  

If I had to choose one, it would be the gray, but every one of the current uni's sucks. I'd love to go out and buy a number 11 in cream pinstripes as 9/12 describes, but if my options are navy with Kasota Gold, Friday Red, Powder Blue, white PJs, or the gray ring-collar thingy I'm not buying it.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:56 PM, Unwinder said:

I'm a big fan of the powder blues. I'm too young to see them as a throwback, they seem fresh to me. I dislike the red because I think it feels the least Twins-y.

The dumbest hill I'm prepared to die on is that I truly believe it would be beneficial if all the MLB teams coordinated with each other to change their colors to stand out from each other. I think the Twins look great in a vacuum, but there are far too many red white and blue teams out there. Take a look at this chart. They all look the same aside from a handful of more adventurous expansion teams like the Mariners, Diamondbacks, Rockies, etc... How did we ever get to thirty teams with only one green team???

MLBcolors.jpg

I like the thought about too many similar color schemes, a comarison is the Premier League soccer--every decent team is either red or blue.  Other random thoughts:

I do scream internally when I see teal and some of the more modern/creative colors-they just don't look as good to me on a baseball uniform

And when so many have similar alternate uniforms, you can't really tell quickly if you're wathcing the Angels, Twins, Reds, RedSox, Rangers, Cardinals Nationals, Phillies.  

NFL teams are almost all immediately identifiable-I think the helmets help..  (But I'm not suggesting the tigers add stripes to their hats--or am I?)

On 9/20/2021 at 6:01 PM, Nine of twelve said:

Me too. The best one they have retired for some reason. Cream with Pinstripes. I loved the gold pinstripes, too. All the others pale in comparison in my opinion. I find it strange that the starting pitcher gets to pick what they all wear that day, especially when we have a rag tag set of starters like we do now. Most haven't earned the privilege of having that power, I think.

2 hours ago, annismark said:

I like the thought about too many similar color schemes, a comarison is the Premier League soccer--every decent team is either red or blue.  Other random thoughts:

I do scream internally when I see teal and some of the more modern/creative colors-they just don't look as good to me on a baseball uniform

And when so many have similar alternate uniforms, you can't really tell quickly if you're wathcing the Angels, Twins, Reds, RedSox, Rangers, Cardinals Nationals, Phillies.  

NFL teams are almost all immediately identifiable-I think the helmets help..  (But I'm not suggesting the tigers add stripes to their hats--or am I?)

I wouldn't want MY team to be the teal team or the team that looks like the Diamondbacks or whatever is going on with the Rays' logo, but I do kind of like that those teams' looks reflect the era when they were founded instead of trying to pretend they have a traditional, classic baseball heritage.

The NFL definitely has some sort of league-wide coordination on team designs, and it shows in the readily identifiable uniforms. I think MLB just lets every team do whatever they want.

20 hours ago, RedneckRay said:

I would love to just add those to the uniform set, but it’d be too many. In my opinion, those come back and the baby blues go away. I know everyone loves them, but it’s just too much blue for me,

I agree.  Even though I get the little nostalgia dopamine hit from the baby blues, once in a great while is often enough.

I'm also of the mindset of it being great to either bring back the pinstripe creams as an alternate, or just bring back the pinstripes for the normal home jersey.  I don't know why, but the plain white is just a little too 'blah'.

I've also always preferred the script "Twins" over the block letter look.