Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: Twins v Indians x 2 @ 2:10 & 6:40

wsnydes

8 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

Guardians could be a tribe

If it's the bridge guardians, then I would call them the Flight.  They could also be the Gaze, if you wanted to use Rocket as a mascot (subject to Disney approval).  The Trash Pandas might not like that though.

1 minute ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I'm starting to reluctantly believe it's possible that Tampa seriously, definitely, totally ****ed up that trade.

Maybe, but they probably have 4 more Joe Ryan's in their system to take his place.

Just now, wsnydes said:

Maybe, but they probably have 4 more Joe Ryan's in their system to take his place.

Sure, but if Ryan is legit, that hurts to lose him for a rental who hasn't played particularly well for them.

Still, I hope Tampa goes deep into the postseason and faces the Jays in the ALCS. Who wins from there, I don't care.

Just now, Brock Beauchamp said:

Sure, but if Ryan is legit, that hurts to lose him for a rental who hasn't played particularly well for them.

Still, I hope Tampa goes deep into the postseason and faces the Jays in the ALCS. Who wins from there, I don't care.

That would be a fun series.  Really fun.

3 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Cruz just ended a double digit game hit streak. He's been very good overall for TB, just not MVP caliber like he was in 2019. 123 ops+ for TB is pretty dang good. 

1 minute ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

I also realized it's almost impossible. If the Rays face the Jays, it will almost certainly be in the ALDS.

That's less fun.  But still likely a fantastic series.

Joe Ryan is fun to watch. TB probably couldn't find a way to get all of their prospects on the 40-man roster and was willing to overpay. But what a return for Cruz.

And I gotta say, I am positively surprised by his slider and changeup. The scouting reports made it sound like these were not really MLB quality but he has thrown some very nasty looking ones. 

7 minutes ago, Sielk said:

Joe Ryan is fun to watch. TB probably couldn't find a way to get all of their prospects on the 40-man roster and was willing to overpay. But what a return for Cruz.

And I gotta say, I am positively surprised by his slider and changeup. The scouting reports made it sound like these were not really MLB quality but he has thrown some very nasty looking ones. 

And a lot of these fastballs are middle up or middle in, and not even being fouled off. The slider can be nasty. He's thrown a couple that just kinda spun. 

26 minutes ago, dex8425 said:

The bottom third of our lineup may actually be worse than Cleveland's, for the first time in many, many, years. 

I can't remember the stats from yesterday, but our bottom 1/3 was hitless in a game where we hit multiple homers

I know there hasn't been much to cheer about this season for Twins fans.  We've had ups and downs, but mostly downs.

I'm holding back my feelings on Joe Ryan, for the present time.  He has thrown a total of 16 innings for the Twins.  Very small sample size.  Maybe he's the real thing,  but then again.  Everyone's going to think what they want, but it seems we're very anxious to anoint this guy as solution to one of several problem areas.  I just hate to see him fly too high, then crash.  Give him time to settle in over the course of a period of time.

Featured Video