Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins at Yankees 1:10pm cdt 9/13/2021 ad

15 minutes ago, dex8425 said:

How about a hard salary cap and a hard salary floor?!

Yankees and Dodgers would fight against any hard salary cap and hard salary floor.   I’m all for it.   I would think the agents and MLBPA union would oppose these hard salary caps.   Those players’ salaries are out of control.   

14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Yankees and Dodgers would fight against any hard salary cap and hard salary floor.   I’m all for it.   I would think the agents and MLBPA union would oppose these hard salary caps.   Those players’ salaries are out of control.   

Yeah I don't think either the owners OR the players would be in favor of it, so it's probably never happening. Seems archaic compared to NBA, NFL, NHL though. 

A better idea for today would have been for the Twins and Yankees to have simply not played. The Twins take a forfeit and have a nice day with the families. Rocco gets to change the babies diapers.

The teams then take all expenses associated with said game and donate that sum to reputable charities! Idiotic you say? Foolish Pollyanna babble you say? If you think the Twins spending  many thousand of dollars, and a full day of travel to go to NY is rational I heard that bridge in Brooklyn is still for sale. 

The only competitive question left to be answered in this "rivalry" is exactly how many runs would the Twins need to lead by that would allow them to eek out a one run squeaker? 

18 minutes ago, Platoon said:

A better idea for today would have been for the Twins and Yankees to have simply not played. The Twins take a forfeit and have a nice day with the families. Rocco gets to change the babies diapers.

The teams then take all expenses associated with said game and donate that sum to reputable charities! Idiotic you say? Foolish Pollyanna babble you say? If you think the Twins spending  many thousand of dollars, and a full day of travel to go to NY is rational I heard that bridge in Brooklyn is still for sale. 

The only competitive question left to be answered in this "rivalry" is exactly how many runs would the Twins need to lead by that would allow them to eek out a one run squeaker? 

Yep, thanks from someone who went to the game and knew a 5-run lead would not hold against the Yankees...and then Colome versus Judge???!!!

We’re gonna win Twins, we’re gonna score!
We’re gonna win Twins, watch that baseball soar!
Crack out a home-run, shout a hip-hooray!
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!
We’re gonna win Twins, give it our all!
We’ve got the guys who’ll knock the cover off the ball!
Let’s hear it now for the team that came to play!
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

Featured Video