Jump to content
Twins Daily
  • Create Account

2021 Vikings Season Thread


TheLeviathan
 Share

6 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

Tomlinson isn't vaccinated either? Why did Spielman keep (re)signing these guys?!?!?!??! 

I'm more furious with the GM than with anyone else on the team. Zimmer isn't a good coach, but Spielman is the one putting together a roster full of selfish guys you can never count on.

How would Spielman have the foresight to know if Tomlinson was going to be vaccinated back in March? We had no idea back then who was planning on getting the vaccine and who wasn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Danchat said:

How would Spielman have the foresight to know if Tomlinson was going to be vaccinated back in March? We had no idea back then who was planning on getting the vaccine and who wasn't. 

Yeah I suppose it just seems longer ago that the vaccine came out. 
 

I’m still struggling with the Vikings being the worst franchise about COVID. It’s frustrating and embarrassing as a fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cHawk said:

Here’s a question: Since Darrisaw is in and Bradbury is out, how else do you fix this offensive line? I don’t have a PFF subscription so IDK who are the problems.

They've done what they can, the problem is that Cleveland is a below average LG, Bradbury and Cole are both bad, and Udoh is also below average (more due to penalties than actual play). The interior is just bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Danchat said:

They've done what they can, the problem is that Cleveland is a below average LG, Bradbury and Cole are both bad, and Udoh is also below average (more due to penalties than actual play). The interior is just bad.

Cleveland played LT in college, so maybe they could potentially trade him to a team when needs a LT and get a LG in exchange? The problem is IDK who a partner would be for that scenario.

IDK if Udoh could get better over time by cutting down on the penalties. If not, I’d insert Wyatt Davis there. Otherwise I’d insert Wyatt Davis at C.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2021 at 7:22 AM, nicksaviking said:

Yeah I suppose it just seems longer ago that the vaccine came out. 
 

I’m still struggling with the Vikings being the worst franchise about COVID. It’s frustrating and embarrassing as a fan.

I’m not embarrassed about that, you’re making a big deal out of nothing here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

Having our top DT available could help.  Being unvaccinated leaves our roster thinner and that is demonstrably problematic.

Yeah well I respect his choice, there are already enough divisions, we don’t need to create new categories, it doesn’t bother me at all who gets a shot and who doesn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

Terrible ending. Clear PI, and three bad passes, decisions.

Too many could have games this year. Many people predicted leading the league in stupid players not getting vaccinated would be an issue. It was today. 

Yeah they’re stupid that’s it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, I had them losing this one so I'm not surprised, but it emphasizes how important it was to win a couple of those early season games we blow. The defense is out of gas and the offense had too many problems. Losing Cook, Darrisaw, and Barr to injuries is pretty brutal.

18 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

This team is bound for 8-9 and more Zimmer.

I don't think Zimmer survives a losing record. Spielman probably does, which will irk some, but I think it's become pretty apparent that with the talent on this roster they should be winning more games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Danchat said:

Ugh, I had them losing this one so I'm not surprised, but it emphasizes how important it was to win a couple of those early season games we blow. The defense is out of gas and the offense had too many problems. Losing Cook, Darrisaw, and Barr to injuries is pretty brutal.

I don't think Zimmer survives a losing record. Spielman probably does, which will irk some, but I think it's become pretty apparent that with the talent on this roster they should be winning more games.

I agree with you, I think this team has enough talent to be much better than it is.  But 8-9 might get you into the playoffs as Van said.  I can't see the Wilfs firing Zimmer in that scenario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheLeviathan said:

This team is bound for 8-9 and more Zimmer.

The Rams & 49ers appear to be in for the 5th and 6th Seeds. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles take the 7th seed. They have a pretty easy schedule over the next 4 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, LVTwinsfan said:

I’m not embarrassed about that, you’re making a big deal out of nothing here.

The rest of the league is taking every opportunity to grab every legal advantage to win games. A good percentage of the Vikings players are selfishly and stubbornly refusing to take that advantage. Winning is NOT more important to them than it is other teams. That is embarrassing.

And that lack of commitment is showing in pretty much all areas of the game. They don't want it as bad as the other teams do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

Featured Video

×
×
  • Create New...