Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Royals @ Twins 6:10 PM 9/11/2021

1 minute ago, wsnydes said:

Agreed.  I'm going to need to see more before I ignore Cody on this one though.  

If he could drop some weight and take some stress off that huge frame the man could be an asset for many years. 

7 minutes ago, wabene said:

If he could drop some weight and take some stress off that huge frame the man could be an asset for many years. 

That probably wouldn't hurt his cause.  He's 32 though, so I'm not sure how long that timeframe could really be either way.

23 minutes ago, wabene said:

Pitchers often carry a lot of weight because they generate so much power from their lower bodies. I don’t think it’s as easy as “lose weight” with many of these guys because with that weight comes necessary muscle.

it’s not as if we can target every human body and say “lose ten pounds of fat here but gain three pounds of muscle there”. 

13 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Pitchers often carry a lot of weight because they generate so much power from their lower bodies. I don’t think it’s as easy as “lose weight” with many of these guys because with that weight comes necessary muscle.

it’s not as if we can target every human body and say “lose ten pounds of fat here but gain three pounds of muscle there”. 

I've been trying this for years.  Not working...

34 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Pitchers often carry a lot of weight because they generate so much power from their power bodies. I don’t think it’s as easy as “lose weight” with many of these guys because with that weight comes necessary muscle. 

This can be true, but if you are a 300 pound giant with knee trouble, you are probably plenty strong at 260. 275 whatever. The guy looks so uncomfortable all the time it just seems obvious. 

3 minutes ago, ashbury said:

Just tuning in. Any interesting plays for Gordon at SS? The DP in the 8th looked really routine, offering no test of range or arm.

No screw-ups, that is in his favor.

Featured Video