Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread "WGTIE" Twins in Cleveland, 5:10pm cdt 9/9/9/2021 ad

sampleSizeOfOne

Welcome to the "Worst Game Thread Intro Ever", a game thread where nothing is ordinary, and everything is superlative. Nuance? what is that? (But sampleSize, why worst, rather than best? Surely you should write good things? Well, Rhetorical Question, that would be selfish)

I confess, I didn't like to see Andrew Albers go down. Sure, he had a little trouble last outing. But at least i have the next best thing. I get to write in favor of another working man's pitcher: Randy Dobnak. But i go to cut and paste the line up, lo and behold, his name is no longer there, and Albers is back up. I am torn... Did my secret desire jinx Mr. Dobnak? Is it my fault he has this set back? This guilt will rack me forever! Or at least until someone says something else in this thread, or the game starts, which ever happens first.

Dobnak who threw the craftiest sinker on the planet, is now replaced by the wiliest lefty this side of Constantinople (so wily, it is now Istanbul, according to They Might Be Giants) in Andrew Albers! How crafty is he? Last time out, the umpires called a balk on his craftiness!

And because i'm too lazy to put into words how i approve those who worked hard to get here (like Dobnak and Albers) here is music so don't have to:

Anyway, lineups are out, so without further ado...

Minnesota:

0. Andrew Albers (L) P Craftiest

1. Luis Arraez (L) 2B Elevenaciousest

2. Jorge Polanco (S) DH Switchiest

3. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B Rainiest

4. Max Kepler (L) RF Repliablest

5. Miguel Sano (R) 1B Stretchiest

6. Brent Rooker (R) LF Timeliest

7. Nick Gordon (L) CF Luckiest

8. Ben Rortvedt (L) C Sharpest

9. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS Subtlest

Cleveland (Ohio)

0. Cal Quantrill (R) P

1. Myles Straw (R) CF

2. Amed Rosario (R) SS

3. Jose Ramirez (S) 3B

4. Franmil Reyes (R) DH

5. Harold Ramirez (R) LF

6. Yu Chang (R) 1B

7. Owen Miller (R) 2B

8. Austin Hedges (R) C

9. Oscar Mercado (R) RF

7 minutes ago, PDX Twin said:

It says a lot about the Twins' season that we have won the first three games of a series against rivals and not one comment (yet) about a sweep.

You missed my comment in last night's game thread then ... and I was promptly chastised that I had now jinxed things. I did a counter curse ... let's hope it works. So ... best not to mention it, or you will also be promptly chastised, rightfully so :) 

2 hours ago, stringer bell said:

Okay, I guess Albers is rested, but if there's a vacancy in the rotation, let's see someone with a chance to help the club in 2022 and beyond.

Dobnak can't seem to catch a break. Maybe things will click a bit better for him next year.

Me too (regarding Dobnak catching breaks next season) 

Evokes a scene from a movie "well (gosh darn it) is there anywhere it doesn't hurt? .... We never seem to catch break..."

What is keeping Mr. Albers from being the next Thielbar, only starting?

Edited by sampleSizeOfOne
grammer

36 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

You missed my comment in last night's game thread then ... and I was promptly chastised that I had now jinxed things. I did a counter curse ... let's hope it works. So ... best not to mention it, or you will also be promptly chastised, rightfully so :) 

Sorry, I was offline last night having wood-fired pizza in our garden! Only caught a few minutes of Medusa's masterful performance during preparation!

Why does Bremer continue to try and sell himself as having little or no baseball knowledge. I know, I know.............but heck, he's been around long enough to have a some sort of knowledge base.  But he's always referring to himself as a novice, and has no clue on this or that?  It really gets old.

Just now, RickOShea said:

Why does Bremer continue to try and sell himself as having little or no baseball knowledge. I know, I know.............but heck, he's been around long enough to have a some sort of knowledge base.  But he's always referring to himself as a novice, and has no clue on this or that?  It really gets old.

You could listen to a different feed ... no? If you have the MLB package, you do have options. I often tune into other feeds just to hear different voices

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

So we've finally resorted to sorcery for success?  Frankly, I'm shocked that it took this long!

Featured Video