Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Cleveland, 9/8/21 @ 5:10pm CT

Message added by Squirrel,

We still have open dates to start a game thread! Whether you play it 'schticky' or straight, long or short, any are welcome. Sign up with @stringer bell today! :) (Open dates are Sept. 11, 14, 22, 25, 28, 30 and Oct. 1)

Just now, LVTwinsfan said:

Arraez is a professional hitter, but where do you play him

I was an advocate to trading him during the offseason after the 2019 season ... I think his value was highest then. That offseason I wanted to trade Arraez, move Polanco to 2nd and sign a SS ... can't remember who was available then. <shrug> It is what it is. I think he could get traded this offseason, but we'll see. 

23 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

Arraez is a professional hitter, but where do you play him

2nd, 3rd, LF, or DH.  Pretty easy to get him at least 1 game at each of those spots in any given week, even if you have a "full-time" DH.  He won't be particularly good defensively at any of the first 3, but he's not so bad that you can't live with it, especially when the trade-off is one of the best pure hitters in baseball.

2 minutes ago, stringer bell said:

Ryan appears to be maintaining his velocity a bit better than his first outing. 

Yes, very encouraging. After the last outing that was my main concern, but if he can keep up 92-93 mph through an entire start, I am totally fine with that. 

Featured Video