Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Rays 12:10pm cdt 09/05/2021

Matthew Lenz

44 minutes ago, shortround81 said:

I hate "Sweet Caroline." Hate it

I'm a natural-born cold-hearted cynic, and if you had asked me 6 years ago before I adopted the Boston area as my home, I would have been with you.

But the vibe inside the park when the song is played won me over.  If the Sox are ahead, it's a celebratory song; if they are getting blown out it's a boozy commitment to enjoy the night anyway; and if it's a nail-biter, it's just at the right time to settle you in for a couple more innings for the Sox to put away the win.

Twins had no one who would not get blown out, more once, including Berrios.

Even at that , I believe as mind-set is a curse the Twins have not figured how to get rid of, the Orioles beat the Yankees AGAIN yesterday, I loathe the day we have to play the make-up game.

7 minutes ago, ashbury said:

I'm a natural-born cold-hearted cynic, and if you had asked me 6 years ago before I adopted the Boston area as my home, I would have been with you.

But the vibe inside the park when the song is played won me over.  If the Sox are ahead, it's a celebratory song; if they are getting blown out it's a boozy commitment to enjoy the night anyway; and if it's a nail-biter, it's just at the right time to settle you in for a couple more innings for the Sox to put away the win.

If "Sweet Caroline" and "Yankees suck" can unify Boston, I'm all for it

2 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Baldelli left Jax in too long, rather than removed him too early. 

You are probably correct but the Twins this year it seems to be a regular occurrence that the BP pitcher, including Rogers, would come in and give up a home run; changing pitchers did not make things better.

Featured Video