Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs. Cubs 8/31/21 7:10 Post Mortem Carpe Diem Time

1 minute ago, bean5302 said:

Kepler's swing doesn't allow the bat to spend a lot of time in the meat of the zone. His eye is very good and his exit velocities, hard hit rates and barrel rates are a testiment to his eye. Ultimately, it's a very pretty swing, but a swing that lends itself to a lot of off center contact resulting in a pop ups and topped balls impacting his BABIP.

Kepler's defensive prowess is undeniable. Despite not having elite speed, his jump and routes are outstanding. It allows him to not only excel at corner outfield positions but also adequately cover CF. 

Agreed across the board, thanks for the analysis I couldn't be bothered to do.

4 minutes ago, bean5302 said:

I can't claim the analysis is mine. I read a very thorough article with video clips on it a while back.

But the opinion and communication of the point is still yours, which is why I just PMed you about laying your thoughts out more comprehensively.

Do any of us work in isolation? No. But you choose to distill your information efficiently and effectively. And that's a real skill, one you should explore.

6 minutes ago, RpR said:

though I miss the days when auto racing rewarded high place finishes; you could win a championship without winning a race.

Though that's kinda how sports work because there isn't a sliding scale of points as there is in racing.

Personally, I love the fact that baseball just makes you ****ing grind out 162 and the winner gets an advantage.

On the other hand, I also love that grinding out racing schedules and never winning can lead to a championship.

So I guess I just like grinding.

STILL time.... Jorge! Don't be leaving this to the end part of the lineup. That might not go well... and .... there is always..... Colome. The Colome Handicap... need at least a couple extra.

Just now, Brock Beauchamp said:

By the way, I just want to let everyone know that I'm watching this game, which means nothing good will happen. It's been a thing all season.

Well....... you gonna keep watching, or are we gonna win!?

Seriously! Does Arraez have any baseball smarts? We need 2 runs, which a base hit supplies! WTF is he doing running there!!!!!???? He has to know how slow he is, right? 

I am not a fan of Diaz, and would many times have runners make the defense make a play instead of hold, but not it this case, needed 2 runs.

Featured Video