Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs. Cubs 8/31/21 7:10 Post Mortem Carpe Diem Time

3 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

How'd that work out for you?

Delmon Young signed for the 20-21 with an australian team.   He's fourth on their outfield depth chart. Just below a kanagroo.

6 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

In defense of Mike, what the Cubs did is pretty crappy. While I'm generally neutral on most owners - it's their job to try to make money and they pursue that vigorously - the Cubs leave a rather bad taste in my mouth with their recent actions, like they're aggressively exploiting fan loyalty after 2016.

Part of it’s the math and geography. The Cub have owned two-thirds of Chicago forever…and it’s the two-thirds with the most disposable income. The Metro area is just under 9 million. All Cubs owners have taken advantage of that…that’s why it took 100 years, and that might be why it takes another hundred. (I lived on the north side in the early 80’s)

2 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Rooker/Rortvedt/Simmons. A true Murder Victim's Row.

Comapring Simmons to the two rookies, is at best obtuse.🥸

21 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

And waht's sad, is that West deserves none of the shots or criticism.  This guy keeps himself in top shape, never uses his personal opinion on a job related subject, and his homeplate calls are accurate to several hundredths of a point.  No, leave Mr West alone.  He's one of the best things about our National Pasttime.  Luv ya, Joe.

Are you being sarcastic?

If not, we must have watched different games that he was umpiring....... retirement has been calling for years in my view. And it's just not his calls, it is his pompous attitude and wanting to be bigger than the game.... which he really has been working on his whole career..... getting bigger.

7 minutes ago, h2oface said:

Are you being sarcastic?

If not, we must have watched different games that he was umpiring....... retirement has been calling for years in my view. And it's just not his calls, it is his pompous attitude and wanting to be bigger than the game.... which he really has been working on his whole career..... getting bigger.

If I recall correctly, by the raw numbers Joe West is a mediocre, kinda bad umpire. He's nowhere near the best in the field, not even close.

It's different now than in previous eras. We have tracking data that literally tells us exactly how good an umpire is, down to the third decimal point.

37 minutes ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

Yeah, this is driven mostly by my past interactions with Mike, which are overwhelmingly negative against owners.  At a certain point, continuing to complain about owners choosing to maximize profits becomes more about opting for misery than anything else.

Stop making it personal and bringing that into other threads. You can disagree with what he says without making it personal about another poster. Stop it.

43 minutes ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

Yeah, this is driven mostly by my past interactions with Mike, which are overwhelmingly negative against owners.  At a certain point, continuing to complain about owners choosing to maximize profits becomes more about opting for misery than anything else.

It is possible to point out bad behavior dispassionately.

I question who our pitchers are during this month of August. I couldn’t imagine being a Cubs fan and question who on earth are these players in our lineup? Only Jayson Heyward is left from their WS team. 

Gant seems to be holding his own against this AAAA lineup. 

Featured Video