Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Detroit, 08/30/21 @ 1:10pm CT

17 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

I hate the idea of baseball banning the shift. What is better is for teams to try to beat it. The way baseball is played at this level is not taught to kids. But you can definitely teach beating the shift. All baseball players should know how to bunt, that shouldn’t even be a debate. Being able to bunt will not have a negative impact on your ability to hit. Hrbek would bunt when the third basemen was back, He would be bunting doubles if they shifted him. 

Hit and run works too

11 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I might misbehave a little every so often, but not stupidly so. But the views here are lovely. 
A9E04D1C-1CE4-4DF1-B17E-7F4CA0C6DAEB.jpeg.df4d6949d29fd342eb82cebd5fe10dc5.jpeg

Great picture! If you zoom in on the golf course and squint a bit, you can just make out Bonnes playing hooky from work...

2 minutes ago, IndianaTwin said:

Squint a little harder and you'll see me, in the woods, looking for my drive. 

If you find a new-looking Titleist x-out it's probably mine, but keep it... you can see how much good it did me.

6 minutes ago, h2oface said:

The Detroit Trainer..... certainly doesn't present himself as a living example of good health practices.....

You don't fully appreciate your team's cross country coach until you've seen another school's morbidly obese coach chasing his runners for 3 miles up and down the hills of an 18 hole course and yelling at them from a golf cart.

We found out afterward from one of their guys that the only reason he didn't smoke while doing it was that it was against school policy.

Just now, LaBombo said:

You don't appreciate your team's cross country coach until you've seen another school's morbidly obese guy chase his runners up and down the hills of an 18 hole course and yelling at them from a golf cart.

We found out afterward from one of their guys that the only reason he didn't smoke while doing it was that it was against school policy.

I had a CC coach like that at Sioux Falls Washington in 1970-2! Fat guy coaching CC from a golf cart and his VW bug on the street routes. The assistant ran with us..... and was the one that we all respected and felt was the real coach. 

I really can't believe that thae FO keeps making us watch the visitor Colome pitch at all. Even if he has some good games he can never redeem himself for all he hasn't and has done. He started the season throwing the ball away as part of his repertoire in that trend setting game one!

Seeing the slow motion replay, I'm suddenly disappointed that I didn't have 'Opposition's 9th inning rally stays alive because high throw leaves Miguel Sano suspended weightless above first base' on my 2021 Twins bingo card.

Featured Video