• Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs BoSox 6:10 Pre Mortem Can't Do Trigonomtry

6 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

You haven't been in game threads much this year? Several posters only come to complain, angrily. These used to be about fun.....

I have been busy with life. I am hoping that fun is still possible, because tonight's game  is a good one.

4 minutes ago, h2oface said:

If it is a lost season, where is the pressure, eh? Jax kept throwing hanging curves with 2 strike counts. Over and over tonight. Just about all the scoring was on 2 strike hanging curves. Jax doesn't seem to be a quick learner. His ERA was over 5 with tons of homers given up. In the past you have called for pulling young pitchers (Jax had over 90 pitches before the last 3 run homer!) to not demoralize their fragile brains, and now you are supporting letting them get murdered for 9 run in less than 5 innings? Hmmm. What do you thing one is going to learn about Jax, who coming into the game had given up 11 homers in 44 innings.... now 14 in 48.2? Not much more. You learn he shoule be in AAA and is only here because you have nothing else.

I agree Jax is not likely a starter...... But if you don't think he's feeling pressure, I got no idea what to say. We're done, btw. 

55 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

I don’t understand why we’re trying to steal bases with 0 outs and the top of the order up?

Because this game doesn't mean anything. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

I agree Jax is not likely a starter...... But if you don't think he's feeling pressure, I got no idea what to say. We're done, btw. 

Of course I think he feels the pressure. That is because the game DOES mean something. All games are about winning them, and should be. None of these games should be throw away. I never feel these games mean nothing to win. 

All games should be played with the intent of winning, and the players almost certainly approach the game that way (I would hope). I can understand the manager wanting to see what a player has in a certain situation. Fine line though between wanting to see what a guy has and keeping a guy in to rot.

1 minute ago, a-wan said:

Just going to throw out the notion that when a team starts Charlie Barnes and Griffin Jax the intent isn't exactly to win the game. So complaining about not pulling Jax sooner seems... eh a little whiny.

To be fair, who else are they going to start? There’s no one left lol

3 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

To be fair, who else are they going to start? There’s no one left lol

Exactly!

Just because they start, doesn't mean a manager needs to leave them in to give up 9 runs.....

2 minutes ago, h2oface said:

Exactly!

Just because they start, doesn't mean a manager needs to leave them in to give up 9 runs.....

Then you would complain when the bullpen gives up runs.

Featured Video