Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Yankees, 8/21/21 @ 12:05pm CT

1 minute ago, LVTwinsfan said:

Probably quite a bit

National folks tend to pretty ignorant when it comes to the twins. They usually think we’re still a fundamentally sound club

3 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

National folks tend to pretty ignorant when it comes to the twins. They usually think we’re still a fundamentally sound club

Twins fans tend to exaggerate how bad their teams are, I’ll go with Smoltz here.

9 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

Haha I forgot we weren’t 15 games under, my bad.

Well, they just went 7-3 against all three first place teams in the AL. So what was the big difference, pitching, especially starting pitching, which the Twins didn’t have for most of the season. It’s not great now either but much better than the first half. You win with pitching, I believe Smoltz just said that, that’s what he knows that the Twins obviously don’t.

1 minute ago, LVTwinsfan said:

Well, they just went 7-3 against all three first place teams in the AL. So what was the big difference, pitching, especially starting pitching, which the Twins didn’t have for most of the season. It’s not great now either but much better than the first half. You win with pitching, I believe Smoltz just said that, that’s what he knows that the Twins obviously don’t.

Yeah I’m not gonna bet on Barnes, Jax, Ober, oft injured Pineda and inconsistent Maeda to get us competing for a division title. Same with the just acquired prospects. Not for next year anyway

Featured Video