Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: Twins v Yankees, 8/20 @ 6:05pm CT

Y'all really need to start volunteering for game threads so you don't have to read my intros twice in one week. Tonight we are playing the Yankees. Same as last night, but I'm hoping not the same as last night. Charlie Barnes is giving it a go ... he has gotten better with each outing so maybe? One can only hope. Gordon is in CF, again, and Simmons is still at SS. I'm thinking that until Buxton is back, no chance of seeing Gordon at SS, if we ever do. There is nothing more to say on that that hasn't already been said out in the forums, so I'll just leave it there. I hope we will get in all the games this weekend, but as Henri is bearing down, unless we decide to play 2 tomorrow, we may be headed back to the Bronx for a make up game in September. But let's hope that Henri steers out into the Atlantic ... but if not, all of you in the Northeast ... please take heed and be prepared.

Okay ... take it from here ...

Lineups:

TWINS

1. Jorge Polanco (S) 2B
  2. Luis Arraez (L) 3B
  3. Josh Donaldson (R ) DH
  4. Mitch Garver (R ) C
  5. Rob Refsnyder (R ) LF
  6. Nick Gordon (L) CF
  7. Willians Astudillo (R ) 1B
  8. Jake Cave (L) RF
  9. Andrelton Simmons (R ) SS
    Charlie Barnes (L) P

YANKEES

1. DJ LeMahieu (R ) 2B
  2. Aaron Judge (R ) RF
  3. Joey Gallo (L) LF
  4. Giancarlo Stanton (R ) DH
  5. Luke Voit (R ) 1B
  6. Rougned Odor (L) 3B
  7. Gary Sanchez (R ) C
  8. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS
  9. Brett Gardner (L) CF
    Nestor Cortes Jr (L) P

The die is cast ... play ball!

Sano reminds me of a guy who used to play for me. He swung in the same place all the time. If you were unfortunate enough to throw one in that area, small as it may be, he could really kill it. Keep it out of that zone, and he would just keep flailing! 

13 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

Sitting Sano against a lefty, well ok, the turtle is a much better hitter anyway

I thought Sano was out on paternity leave? Did I hear that wrong?

I'm so sick and tired of Sano and Buxton.  Cut this dead wood.  They make absolutely no contribution on a consistent basis.  After this many years, Sano should be an established big leaguer or a lumber yard worker.  Buxton, has only shown great potential on a few occassions.  It's not worth the aggravation.  It's like sitting around waiting for 'old faithful' to blow.  Let's play baseball, not FO chess.  Baldelli needs to use his tablet, as a back up, not as a bible.  Nothing is going to happen, unless these guys get up from their nests and be pro-active.  Falvey and Levine are like those two guys who look for bargains at estate sales.  Hoping to find the diamond in the rough, which turns out to be a petrified horse apple.

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I thought Sano was out on paternity leave? Did I hear that wrong?

Probably. I think I heard his wife/girlfriend was due. (according to Bremer) Bremer's in charge of the team's wedding registry.   So, no, I don't think you heard it wrong.

Sano's lady had a baby girl.  Doctors report mom and baby are fine.  Doctor feels that Sano's daughter has great potential to become whatever she wants in life.  Doctor did recommend that she avoid any contact with the Twin's organization, though.

Bremer needs to shut his mouth.  Oh, it's pressure cooker pitching in Yankee Stadium.  His first start, Tough hitters.

B.S.  Yankee stadium is concrete and wood and plastic.  Ruth and Gehrig aren't playing.  Hitters are tough in all parks.  Man up, put your pacifier in your locker and do your job.

Baldelli, at least look concerned.  Only thing you're concentrating on is chewing your gum.  How long does your Chromebook guide your every move.  What a waste of a uniform.

1 minute ago, Aggies7 said:

Three bullpen games in a row incoming 

Also: sweep incoming.

Twins were hot, feeling their oats, and they go with.....Gant/Bullpen and then Barnes in the first 2 games in NYC?  Maeda just getting skipped or what?

No fire. No fight. No pride. Just the same old 2021 Twins, looking like cannon fodder out there.

1 minute ago, bighat said:

Also: sweep incoming.

Twins were hot, feeling their oats, and they go with.....Gant/Bullpen and then Barnes in the first 2 games in NYC?  Maeda just getting skipped or what?

No fire. No fight. No pride. Just the same old 2021 Twins, looking like cannon fodder out there.

Maeda apparently needs 6 days rest between starts for some reason 

2 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

2 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

Maeda is in a reverse paternity leave.  He's out looking for someone to start a family with.

It really is amazing how bad the FO has set this team up for pitching. To march guys out there like we are now, is so very depressing.

All the comments and articles with the thoughts of how they are actually good and/or will be or can be. Just give them a chance and see.... when to me, it is so obvious that they are not going to make the show. I commend the fans that think and are satisfied with what we throw out there. That includes all of them except Maeda and Berrios. All of them, and that includes Pineda. Oh.... I forgot, We sent Berrios packing. I have but one pitcher on the team pitching right now that I really care to watch. The rest I try to talk myself into it will be better one day.

And we even have the team mascot playing first base!

Featured Video