Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins @ Yankees 6:10pm cdt 8/19/2021 ad

5 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Mrs Chief and I are taking in The Mavericks (in espanol) tonight at the Fox Theater, downtown Tucson. 

One of my top 5 all time favorite bands.

Raul Malo hasn't missed a note in 30 years.

Ask them to put the Yankees game on, in the lobby on the corner tv!

5 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Donaldson is putting up an .811 OPS coming into tonight.

Not a superstar any more but hardly a bust.

I would like to see more than 3 homers a month from the “bringer of rain”, especially if he can’t even run to first base 

Wow, Gant got 60 pitches. That's as many as Jax or Ober got when they first came up. I wonder if they're going to give him a run of starts to see if he can be a starter? I understand that's what he wants. Given the rotation now is Maeda, Ober, Jax and ???, why not give him a chance? Especially with everyone else either hurt/recovering (Winder, Duran), really new (Strotman, Ryan), or old/not very good (Burrows, Albers, Shepard). Sure, he wasn't good in the 3rd but he hasn't pitched a lot of 3+ inning stints lately. We are into development and evaluation. Might as well evaluate whether he can be a starter. I would give him another start. I'd love ot find him an easier opponent although that's going to be hard given the schedule the next couple of weeks. 

9 minutes ago, LA VIkes Fan said:

Wow, Gant got 60 pitches. That's as many as Jax or Ober got when they first came up. I wonder if they're going to give him a run of starts to see if he can be a starter? I understand that's what he wants. Given the rotation now is Maeda, Ober, Jax and ???, why not give him a chance? Especially with everyone else either hurt/recovering (Winder, Duran), really new (Strotman, Ryan), or old/not very good (Burrows, Albers, Shepard). Sure, he wasn't good in the 3rd but he hasn't pitched a lot of 3+ inning stints lately. We are into development and evaluation. Might as well evaluate whether he can be a starter. I would give him another start. I'd love ot find him an easier opponent although that's going to be hard given the schedule the next couple of weeks. 

Gant has 60 MLB starts, not counting tonight. There's not much to evaluate any more. He was traded for J A Happ for a reason.

I have no problem with the Twins giving him a shot in the pen, althought I don't expect much. But there's no reason to waste starts on Gant. Gant isn't going to be a starter on any good Twins team.

56 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Mrs Chief and I are taking in The Mavericks (in espanol) tonight at the Fox Theater, downtown Tucson. 

One of my top 5 all time favorite bands.

Raul Malo hasn't missed a note in 30 years.

Enjoy.

(sorry i was slow to say so. kept waiting for a punch line)

Left when it was 4-0 ... deep cleaning the kitchen seemed more appealing ... even 'angry mama'd' the microwave (and what a sexist name that is, but it's what it's called) ... now it's 6-4 ... we could still win ... 

1 hour ago, twinssporto said:

Great idea! What day do you prefer I take? Either day works for me....I'll take both if I get the $100 stipend TD pays us for the openers...

By the way, thank you for doing Tuesday Squirrel!! Much appreciated!!!  

Sorry ... left for a bit ... whichever you want ... just let me know which ... thanks! :) 

Is deep to right, an oxymoron in Yankee stadium?

1 minute ago, William K Johnson said:

The Yankees must have been worried about this series as I see they have called Phil Cuzzi's crew in.    Mark my work, sometime in the next three days he will leave a mark on this series.

The only mark Cuzzi leaves is the skid mark across the infield.  He's so bad!

Featured Video