Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins @ Yankees 6:10pm cdt 8/19/2021 ad

I'm wiggin' out, man!

I can't take the pressure!

An hour to game time, and the Twins line up hasn't come out!

Is Cave batting behind Sano?

Will Simmons turn the line up over to Kepler? Or Garver?

All i got is John Gant all alone on the mound facing this vaunted NY line up:

0. Jameson Taillon (R)

1. Luke Voit (R) DH

2. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B

3. Aaron Judge (R) CF

4. Joey Gallo (L) LF

5. Giancarlo Stanton (R) RF

6. Rougned Odor (L) 2B

7. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS

8. Kyle Higashioka (R) C

9. Tyler Wade (L) 3B

Ah, sigh! There it is! (did i just for get to update a webpage?! or were they really this late)

0. John Gant (R) P

1. Max Kepler (L) RF

2. Jorge Polanco (S) 2B

3. Josh Donaldson (R) DH

4. Luis Arraez (L) 3B

5. Miguel Sano (R) 1B

6. Nick Gordon (L) CF

7. Ryan Jeffers (R) C

8. Jake Cave (L) LF

9. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS

They sure had me goin' there...

And now some calming music until the game starts... (be still my shattered nerves)

2 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

Not a fan of moving Gant into starting. Hoping it is a bullpen game....because he's been ok to good as a RP...and I don't want him messed up.

It was my understanding it was supposed to be a bp game today ... and then yesterday happened with Thorpe going barely an inning ... not sure what the plan is but I can't imagine they would be expecting Gant to do more than a couple innings?

Notice the question mark, because I really have no idea

The “vaunted NY lineup”? I reject this fear driven statement. More importantly I hope the Twins do too.  The Twins have beaten all the first place teams in the AL within the last 2 weeks. All three of those teams have better records than the Yankees. If anything the Yankees should fear the Twins. The Twins have nothing to lose here. The Yankees need these games. The Twins need to just settle in and play some ball. A little bit of confidence can go a long ways. Here’s to the Twins winning another series starting with a win tonight!

When it rains, it pours...

(i am sure someone else noticed this elsewhere on the site, but game thread should know too!)

Andrew Albers is coming up! Bringing Kyle Barraclough with him (i'm gonna have such a hard time not thinking of him in terms of donuts) and hidden down at the bottom of this article...

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/08/twins-to-select-andrew-albers-kyle-barraclough.html

Buxton will be on rehab assignment tomorrow!

Be still my beating heart (but not too still)

6 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

The “vaunted NY lineup”? I reject this fear driven statement. More importantly I hope the Twins do too.  The Twins have beaten all the first place teams in the AL within the last 2 weeks. All three of those teams have better records than the Yankees. If anything the Yankees should fear the Twins. The Twins have nothing to lose here. The Yankees need these games. The Twins need to just settle in and play some ball. A little bit of confidence can go a long ways. Here’s to the Twins winning another series starting with a win tonight!

Concur.

I just know we get the wrong end of the stick for no apparent reason more often than we should when facing them...

And listenin' to the music i started thinkin' i lost an opportunity to try my hand at a "heart o' darkness/apocalypse now" style parody.

Oh well. As long as the Twins don't squander opportunities, i'll be just fine!

25 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

Not a fan of moving Gant into starting. Hoping it is a bullpen game....because he's been ok to good as a RP...and I don't want him messed up.

Word is he wanted to start, so i'm glad they accommodated him. And as i just saw, a few new arms may be here, so they don't exhaust him.

10 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

Concur.

I just know we get the wrong end of the stick for no apparent reason more often than we should when facing them...

And listenin' to the music i started thinkin' i lost an opportunity to try my hand at a "heart o' darkness/apocalypse now" style parody.

Oh well. As long as the Twins don't squander opportunities, i'll be just fine!

Sorry, I’m merely trying to convey a positive posture. The score is 0-0, the Twins start tonight with a clean slate.

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch

Watch and try to ignore Bremer, he continuously bows down to the Yankees as if they are more than men. Morneau is the better voice tonight

1 minute ago, LVTwinsfan said:

Watch and try to ignore Bremer, he continuously bows down to the Yankees as if they are more than men. Morneau is the better voice tonight

I could turn on the Yankees feed, but I don't think that would be better

3 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

I was also thinking of the smell of napalm in the morning, and the musical accompaniment there...

Least with the Twins at bat.

Never saw that movie ... what was the music?

25 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

I heard Jack Morris is in big trouble...banned from Detroit booth. We are probably stuck with Bremer and Morneau and whoever is left. I still like Jim Kaat.

Just now, twinssporto said:

I heard Jack Morris is in big trouble...banned from Detroit booth. We are probably stuck with Bremer and Morneau and whoever is left. I still like Jim Kaat.

yep ... he's been suspended ... 

btw ... where were you on Tuesday?

Featured Video