Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Rays @ Twins 7:10 PM 8/13/2021

stringer bell

I hope Baldelli and the Twins' hitters were watching Kiermaier run. Our guys watch for a while on hits like that and then start running. Kiermaier was running hard out of the box. THAT IS HOW YOU PLAY BASEBALL, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU GET PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR DOING IT!

How many times have we seen our pitchers throw their first pitch meat and the opposing team jump all over it? The opposing team pitchers may do it, but our guys are taking that first pitch. We get stung time after time, but the pitchers are still wanting that first pitch strike so bad they make it easy, and the opposition is swinging. and nailing it.

21 minutes ago, Danchat said:

Why does it feel like the challenge system gets it wrong way more often than it should?

Looked like a tie to me. Certainly not something to overturn the on the field call.

And lets face it, regardless of the fine throw by Polanco, he still would have had him if he didn't bobble the ball. That seems like a triple and an error to me. That is how I would have scored it. If no bobble, he would have been held at third. They base was taken because of the error.

A buddy of mine called the other day. He rarely sees the Twins play.  But he watches nearby market games, as often as he can.  So basically, he sees quite a bit of baseball.  He happened to see the games where the White sox beat the Twins 11-1.

He says, " Hoss, how can you watch them as much as you say, you do.  I couldn't do it.  Man, they're bad".

I haven't been that embarrassed since I wet my pats in kindergarten.

Franco doubles on a pitch high and outside off the plate.

Donaldson boots an out.

Wendle golfs a low and outside pitch in just the right spot through the infield.

Tough inning for Gant.

And then Sano is clueless in the field.

This team is just asleep at the wheel.

Over the  years the Twins have had more than one person playing outfield who could throw the ball home, accurately from a long ways out.

They need another one and Larnach is not it.

Featured Video