• Create Account

Game Thread: Tigers vs Twins 7:10 CST 7/27

Tim

Robles reminds me of Vinnie Johnson in rhe NBA, the microwave. You put him in and he shoots a couple of times. He makes them, he stays in. He misses, you pull him and glue him to the bench. He either has it or he doesn’t. None if the “ he’ll find it” crap. Robles, two hitters . If he doesn’t get them out, pull him immediately. He ain’t going to ger better. 

1 minute ago, LA VIkes Fan said:

Robles reminds me of Vinnie Johnson in rhe NBA, the microwave. You put him in and he shoots a couple of times. He makes them, he stays in. He misses, you pull him and glue him to the bench. He either has it or he doesn’t. None if the “ he’ll find it” crap. Robles, two hitters . If he doesn’t get them out, pull him immediately. He ain’t going to ger better. 

MLB is considering a rule requiring a pitcher to face at least 3 hitters, I hear.

7 minutes ago, RpR said:

As much as I like J. Schoop, I hope he does not extend his hitting streak, but then with Alcala he might just get another home run.

If it's any consolation, I enjoyed your post a whole lot more than the work of the Twins' bullpen tonight.  Also, by that measure you're seriously underpaid.

1 minute ago, Aerodeliria said:

There is a rule on the Twins. If Maeda pitches, the relievers are required to blow the save at least 50% of the time.

I'm skeptical.

There's no way the Twins bullpen converts 50% of anyone's save chances.

Do we have to put up with Sano for 2 more months? He strikes out in key spots with such regularity it just screams 'why', 'why'?

Garver probably has a broken wrist. Just keeps getting better and better this year.

Tigers take the lead. Twins pen is so incredibly awful. Robles is just as bad as Alcala. Twins missed their chance in the 10th. Sigh.

38 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

Turns out Bremer knew exactly what he was talking about. 

It's been pretty devastating to us all.

We need a moniker for our beloved BP Corps. Suggestions anyone? Ok, I'll start:

NLSEBS: No Lead Shall Ever Be Safe, or nibbles phonetically. I know, its not quite syncing with the acronym, but close enough, like Dobby"s devastating slider that turned a 15 run laugher into a drama. 

Anybody got sonething better than The Nibbles Pen?

Featured Video