Twins Daily
  • Create Account

2021 Trade Deadline Week Rumors

Just now, Mike Sixel said:

Epic failure. They did some great stuff this deadline, but this makes zero sense. Get an extension on him......call up Winder and Barnes. 

If there's a silver lining to this, this is it!

7 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

I can't believe Pineda is on this roster after today. Disappointed for sure....should have gotten at least one 45 FV guy for him. 

Hopefully we read about an extension of 2 years then......

We'll see.  There are still some trades out there that haven't been announced yet.  Maybe he and Simmons are gone...?

Now MLB trade rumors will be about all the deals that almost went through, but teams couldn't quite come to terms.

Edit: Posted this before refreshing and reading the news that Pineda was not traded.  My forum skills are rusty.

Just now, Mike Sixel said:

Another AA arm! RP only, but I'd put him in MN right now.

As much as I like aggressive promotion, he started the year in A+ and has only pitched 6.2 innings in AA. Looks like he strikes everyone out and doesn't give up HR though. What the hell, why not?

Just now, Mike Frasier Law said:

As much as I like aggressive promotion, he started the year in A+ and has only pitched 6.2 innings in AA. Looks like he strikes everyone out and doesn't give up HR though. What the hell, why not?

I was mostly kidding. Mostly. But I'd like a lot of guys to get their feet wet this year, so they team can see how they respond to the majors sooner, rather than later. 

They are loaded in AA and AAA for prospects right now......I hope to see many next year, on a decent to good team....

2 minutes ago, howeda7 said:

Failure to move Pineda: Inexplicable.

Failure to move Donaldson, Sano or Simmons: Disappointing but not surprising.

Also, can we DFA Simmons or at least bench him?

Pineda is the only head scratcher for me ... I would think someone would want him, but maybe not? <shrug>

Eh, I don't think trading Donaldson is a disappointment ... but I could see no one wanting Sano or Simmons

Just now, Squirrel said:

Pineda is the only head scratcher for me ... I would think someone would want him, but maybe not? <shrug>

Eh, I don't think trading Donaldson is a disappointment ... but I could see no one wanting Sano or Simmons

Agreed. I also think trading Sano now would be likely a bad sell-low moment. He's not worth giving away and still has so much potential, even though he's incredibly frustrating.

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Definitely a surprise, but maybe the teams that were seriously in on that kind of starter—stable mid-rotation guy, not a huge upgrade to most contending rotations—had already gone elsewhere for their needs? E.g. the Phillies got Gibson for another year; the Mets got Trevor Williams for less than Pineda would have cost in trade; etc.

1 minute ago, Mike Frasier Law said:

Agreed. I also think trading Sano now would be likely a bad sell-low moment. He's not worth giving away and still has so much potential, even though he's incredibly frustrating.

I would give him away. I'd rather re-allocate $12 million for 2022 elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Donaldson is mildly disappointing because I think he's easier to offload now than he will be in the off-season. I don't hate him, he's just not worth $23 million. Easier to to do a Buxton extension and re-build the rotation with him off books.

This is two years in a row the New York Mets dance with the Twins in trade talks up until the deadline,  then stiff us at the deadline wire. I wouldn't put any stock in to anything they ever discuss, because they always change the deal and then nothing happens, with the Mets. It's almost like it is on purpose.

I am really, really hoping we announce that Simmons has been DFA'd before the game tonight, although I don't expect it. Doogie made it sound as if there were no offers on the table, which isn't all that surprising. DFA him and let Gordon play at SS 5 days a week. I don't care if he ends up being bad there, lets find out so we can make sure he is bad there. Call up Miranda and play him all over the infield. 

4 minutes ago, Mill1634 said:

I am really, really hoping we announce that Simmons has been DFA'd before the game tonight, although I don't expect it. Doogie made it sound as if there were no offers on the table, which isn't all that surprising. DFA him and let Gordon play at SS 5 days a week. I don't care if he ends up being bad there, lets find out so we can make sure he is bad there. Call up Miranda and play him all over the infield. 

Unfortunately, Simmons to Rocco = Punto to Gardy. He'll be in the line-up tonight. And tomorrow. Grinding away towards the Mendoza line. Book it.

1 minute ago, howeda7 said:

Unfortunately, Simmons to Rocco = Punto to Gardy. He'll be in the line-up tonight. And tomorrow. Grinding away towards the Mendoza line. Book it.

What choice does Rocco have? Plenty not to love about Rocco, but Simmons was good last year and is the SS the FO brought in. Polanco is not a SS....so, Gordon?