Twins Daily
  • Create Account

2021 Trade Deadline Week Rumors

2 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

I'm literally talking about this year....who is the mentor if they deal Maeda and Pineda? 

I do think they can replace two starters next year, actually......FA and a trade. 

They can replace two starters but I don't think they can replace the quality of Berríos and Maeda (I think Maeda will rebound).

Twins need to trade Pineda, and Simmons. Makes no sense to hold on to either guy going in to Free Agency. I don't think we can give away either Robles or Colume but there should be a market for Pineda at least. 

1 hour ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Both Kenta and Josh are likely on the bad side of their contracts after this season, moving them while they're still playing well is probably efficient asset management.

At the same time, with Maeda's contract as inexpensive as it is, how bad is the bad side of that contract?

He's probably not going to have another 2020, but I think his inconsistency this year might mean that trading him now would be selling a bit low. His good starts this year show the upside that's there.

I would like there to be someone in the Twins' rotation to give them a chance to win on a regular basis.

If they deal any of Maeda, Buxton, Kepler, or Rogers I am going to be sorely disappointed. There is no reason we should not be expected to compete in 2022. Buxton is imperative to keep, regardless. I think a Josh Donaldson trade is good, especially if we can dump his salary. Free it up for a Buxton extension and an Ace/Closer FA signing. I think in the offseason we need to pursue Pineda, Robles, and Simmons, try to get 2 of those 3. Also picking up the aforementioned Ace or Closer, and we are set to compete in '22, with the sky being the limit for '23. 

1 minute ago, whosafraidofluigirussolo said:

At the same time, with Maeda's contract as inexpensive as it is, how bad is the bad side of that contract?

He's probably not going to have another 2020, but I think his inconsistency this year might mean that trading him now would be selling a bit low. His good starts this year show the upside that's there.

I would like there to be someone in the Twins' rotation to give them a chance to win on a regular basis.

And that's fair. The risk on Maeda is ridiculously low, I was speaking solely to the ability to maximize value from him.

I'm also completely okay with not trading him.