• Create Account

GAME THREAD: Angels v Twins, 7/25 @ 1:10pm CT

Message added by Squirrel,

I know this has been one, big frustrating season ... but stop referring to anyone as idiots, garbage, worthless, etc. That is unacceptable at Twins Daily. 

1 minute ago, insagt1 said:

This just in. Alcala has become totally worthless. He can't get anyone out anymore when it counts. Our pen is bad and he is really bad.

Bu-bu-bu-but his K/9 rate is decent and he has a good spin rate!

1 minute ago, Danchat said:

It's probably time for Alcala to head to AAA and give somebody like Cano or Moran a shot in the majors.

Ian Hamilton has been lighting it up since Spring Training.

He is throwing batting practice. His last 15 appearances his ERA is nearly 10  00. Why isn;t he in St. Paul? This is not a small sample size. He can't get major league hitters out. Pretty much no one in our pen can actually

1 minute ago, insagt1 said:

our 4 and 5 hitters are averaging around .180 and have fanned 4 of their 8 times up. Folks say they no longer care about wins. No problem. There won't be many.

These last two months are going to be brutal with the injuries and trades

25 minutes ago, insagt1 said:

This just in. Alcala has become totally worthless. He can't get anyone out anymore when it counts. Our pen is bad and he is really bad.

Come on! One just has to be more patient. Alcala is the next Ryan Pressly! All that stuff he has, you know. And all that team control.  

No worries. No matter how bad Alcala, or the Twins look, as long as the Twins keep fielding Astudillo and Sano ( and Happ and Colome), the whole world knows that they are serious about winning. 

Bullpen is killing the Twins.   FO needs to be replaced.   FO stinks.  I think Buxton doesn’t want to play for Twins.   Apparently Buxton rejected new extension offer.   Guess the Twins better trade him to the National league team.   

Wow, was that ugly. So many questions, so few positive answers. Kepler getting back to playable? Maybe, trend is up. Sano getting back to playable? HARD NO. IF we have to play him to see what he can do, at least hit him 7th or 8th for Goodness sakes. Rooker an MLB quality bat? The magic 8 Ball says, "Looks Unlikely".  Alcala a MLB quality set up man? Sure doesn't look like it.  Cave, better now that his back is better? Nope, same old guy. Gordon? Ahhhhh, maybe? Ober looked decent, Colome half decent, The rest? Not good. 

Maybe some roster changes coming like really soon? One would hope so. Alcala down to figure things out in AAA, Hamilton up. Robles,  Theilbar, Colome gone (hopefully in trades for A ball types), Cano, Vasquez, Moran up. Astudillo down, Miranda up to play 3B when Donaldson is he DH. Celestino down (he just isn't ready to hit at the MLB level), Refsnyder or Contreras up.  Hell, bring up Ernie de la Trinidad instead of Celestino if we don't like Refsnyder or Contreras.  Trade Simmons, Pineda and Happ, bring up Winder, Barnes (he earned it with his start), and Jax. Maybe go to a 6 man rotation or piggy back the 5th spot with Barnes and Jax sharing the game since we don't like giving either of those guys more than 4, maaaaaaybe 5 innings a start. Garver plays 6 days a week, 3 at catcher, 2 at 1B, 1 at DH, Jeffers catches the rest of the games including those facing LH starters.

This is hard to watch. Necessary, but still hard to watch.  Don't put yourself in between - commit to the "rebuild on the fly", call up and play the young "talent", and see what you have. Don't go down the tubes playing guys like Simmons, Astudillo, Cave, or even Sano. Those guys aren't going to help us next year. 

42 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Bullpen is killing the Twins.   FO needs to be replaced.   FO stinks.  I think Buxton doesn’t want to play for Twins.   Apparently Buxton rejected new extension offer.   Guess the Twins better trade him to the National league team.   

We can trade him at the deadline next year if he's not injured!

16 minutes ago, ashbury said:

I watch the first two Twins batters, leave for a nice hike feeling satisfied with the team's chances, and... WHAT THE HELL DID YOU ALL DO TO JINX THE GAME WHILE I WAS GONE??!??

i am wondering the same thing....

Clearly if you want something done, you probably should complain non-stop. Or maybe consider doing it?

Tough call.

14 minutes ago, sampleSizeOfOne said:

i am wondering the same thing....

Clearly if you want something done, you probably should complain non-stop. Or maybe consider doing it?

Tough call.

I blame the discussion of ugly, overpriced shooz.

1 hour ago, ashbury said:

I watch the first two Twins batters, leave for a nice hike feeling satisfied with the team's chances, and... WHAT THE HELL DID YOU ALL DO TO JINX THE GAME WHILE I WAS GONE??!??

You left ... that was the jinx

Featured Video