Twins Daily
  • Create Account

GAME THREAD: Tigers v Twins, 7/11 @ 1:10pm CT

Squirrel

But Alcala is going to be soooooo gooood! All that stuff! He will become Pressly one day, you know. Might take years and years, but don't judge that trade yet! And all that team control. We can have that unrealized potential around until it finally starts to maybe happen and then trade him for prospects and wait years again for the trade to prove itself as worthwhile. The new Twins Way. 

Man, you guys can be a tough audience.  Most of these guys have only a fraction of time in the Show, under their belt.

I think the pressure and the physical competition causes some of these guys to take a lot more time to be 'Show' ready.

Can't just go to Rogers for a 4 out save here, eh? Very dangerous to give Robles an inherited runner...... Hell, dangerous to give anyone on the staff an inherited runner....

3 minutes ago, RickOShea said:

Man, you guys can be a tough audience.  Most of these guys have only a fraction of time in the Show, under their belt.

I think the pressure and the physical competition causes some of these guys to take a lot more time to be 'Show' ready.

But that is why the formula is so wonderful. Take a guy that is show ready, and trade him for someone that takes a lot more time and painful years perhaps, to be show ready themselves. Hope and dreams is a fine place to live.

1 minute ago, h2oface said:

But that is why the formula is so wonderful. Take a guy that is show ready, and trade him for someone that takes a lot more time and painful years perhaps, to be show ready themselves. Hope and dreams is a fine place to live.

Yeah, I can definitely see that point of view.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premiere Twins community on the internet.